Dublin Fans

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
walshisland
Junior A
Club: 15

Dublin Fans

Post by walshisland »

Did anyone encounter any trouble yesterday?

one or two in croker down from us was total clowns.

but out in lansdown last night was torture
was fearing for my safety at times.

it was not banter, was serious abuse.

one lad went as far as taking a dig at me in the jacks :o

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Re: Dublin Fans

Post by High School Musical »

Sounds like serious thuggery.
I cant really follow the reasons why this would happen, especially at the soccer match.
Surely we're all Irish fans?....
Can I just get this straight - were you decked out in your Offaly colours out in the Aviva?
Was it a Dub that took a dig at you?

walshisland
Junior A
Club: 15

Post by walshisland »

High School Musical wrote:Sounds like serious thuggery.
I cant really follow the reasons why this would happen, especially at the soccer match.
Can I just get this straight - were you decked out in your Offaly colours out in the Aviva?
Was it a Dub that took a dig at you
?
yea Had my offaly Jersey on :)
was washing the hands, when a lad " mid 20s"( with a dublin jersey,off his face) gives me a dig in the back of the of the keck,
with the words,

Yaaaaaaaa fookingggg offfffalyy bas*************

thuggery like this i seen more and more of at ireland matchs over the last year.

the gaa is poision i got that about 100 times last night also. :?

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Take it as a compliment that they recognised it as an Offaly jersey.
You're almost guaranteed that on a Croke Park match day, that some drug addled local will enquire if your Offaly jersey is a "Meeyad" jersey.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Soccer has a habit of attracting scumbags, always did. Not if you paid me would I go near that Aviva to watch a match these days. Plenty of decent people go to watch the Ireland games as well so don't get me wrong but an alarming amount of thugs go as well.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Yeah a couple of gobshites in the stand yesterday alright but we gave as good as we got and didn't take any crap off them, every county has these type of Apes and Dublin are no different but you know if you get a true blue Dub who knows his GAA his knowledge is second to none. As for that stupid piece of muck who abused you last night, he was probably never beyond the Red Cow roundabout a day in his life.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

walshisland wrote:
High School Musical wrote:Sounds like serious thuggery.
Was it a Dub that took a dig at you
?
yea Had my offaly Jersey on :)
was washing the hands, when a lad " mid 20s"( with a dublin jersey,off his face) gives me a dig in the back of the of the keck,
with the words,

Yaaaaaaaa fookingggg offfffalyy bas*************

thuggery like this i seen more and more of at ireland matchs over the last year.

the gaa is poision i got that about 100 times last night also. :?
why didn't you you turn around and level the Dublin scumbag, was in croker a few years ago football game between tryone and Dublin
a few nackers from Dublin and thats what they were were throwing food and bottles of coke down on a few tryone fans. about 10 of them
went right back up to them like most Dublin scumbags they sh.t themselfs even went to a garda for help like most bullies go face to face with
them and they back down.

there are some good Dublin supporters but alot of them sit on there brains.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Why didn't you turn around and level the Dublin scumbags, oh brave soldier?
townman wrote: was in croker a few years ago football game between tryone and Dublin a few nackers from Dublin and thats what they were were throwing food and bottles of coke down on a few tryone fans.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Why didn't you turn around and level the Dublin scumbags, oh brave soldier?
townman wrote: was in croker a few years ago football game between tryone and Dublin a few nackers from Dublin and thats what they were were throwing food and bottles of coke down on a few tryone fans.
well first thing i was on my own, my point been when it was put up to them by the few tryone lads they ran looking for help, why should people have to put
up with theses scumbags who wouldn't even know who was playing .

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

bracknaghboy wrote:Soccer has a habit of attracting scumbags, always did. Not if you paid me would I go near that Aviva to watch a match these days. Plenty of decent people go to watch the Ireland games as well so don't get me wrong but an alarming amount of thugs go as well.
Yes quite a number of scumbags on that soccer team ye had going over there. What were they called? Was it rathmore or something like that. They played their matches outside Clonegowan

plain the maggot
Junior C
Club: drumcullen

Post by plain the maggot »

those northen crowd are a different class of people and dont take shit off no one....
as for the dublin supporters i got abuse along with a few more of us as well...
the crowd i was around didnt even know who was playing for there county all they could say is 'come on dublin'
supporters i dont think so :o