Best Pub in Tullamore

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
the bare biffo
All Star

Best Pub in Tullamore

Post by the bare biffo »

Whats the best pub in Tullamore for a few pints with the missus after the match on Saturday ?
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Best Pub in Tullamore

Post by Bord na Mona man »

To watch the Champions League final, or for a quiet pint where the missus will ask you what's on your mind.

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

Some great pubs.
Hugh Lynchs is a good spot these days, little bit off the beaten track possibly. If you're walking down the town straight after the match there's no need to even stray off the street. The likes of Eugene's (at the bridge), Digans (another 150 yards on your left), the Wolftrap (another 100 yards down on your right, at the traffic lights) and the Brewery Tap just at the main square in the town. All these places will be packed come saturday evening with the Champions League final on too. If you're looking for a little more space you could probably go to the Bridge House right in the centre of town. You cant miss it.
If you happen to be a real soccer fan (i.e. hooligan), then De Bruins (about 150 yards down to the right at the crossroads in the centre of town) might be more your thing. Each to their own I suppose. I reckon there'll be a sizeable crowd around 'town' on Saturday evening/night!

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Bob Smyth's beside the credit union is always buzzing for live soccer games. It would get a good GAA gathering.

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Post by Abercrombie Fitch »

Hard to bate Eugenes and Digans, followed by the Wolftrap.

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

Bord na Mona man wrote:To watch the Champions League final, or for a quiet pint where the missus will ask you what's on your mind.
Good man BnMM - you know the score. I'm getting a birthday treat of an overnight in Tullamore and ticket for the match. I suppose I'd be in my rights to see the CL final too, the day thats in it and all.
But I would not want to be mixing with any of them townie soccer hulligans.
Was in the brewery tap before it was grand one night but fecking mental the next night. I'm too old for mental.

Looking forward to Sat though, not sure why, but it never fails to get the blood up every year, these days in hope more than expectation. Pity B Connor is gone, looked promising year though anonymous in tha lest league game with westmeath.

Wexford are due a beating.

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

Well 'the bare biffo', I hope you found a nice spot for a pint and enjoyed the Champions League final. It was a great game!

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

High School Musical wrote:Well 'the bare biffo', I hope you found a nice spot for a pint and enjoyed the Champions League final. It was a great game!
Went from O'Connor park in a state of shock straight to Kelly's (Eugenes) on the corner and settled for the night.
Nice spot, saw the last few minutes of Rugby and the soccer and nice round of sandwiches and snacks on the house towards the end of the night.