Offaly Hurling team for championship v Dublin

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Offaly Hurling team for championship v Dublin

Post by Lone Shark »

I'd wager that if Dublin had a full panel to pick from and so did we, Dublin would probably have more to bring in than we do.

This injury whining is about the manager setting up an excuse in advance, that's all.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Did he? Find that quote, will ya?
townman wrote:well in all fairness to joe dooley he did say months ago after one of the league games that Paul Cleary and Joe Brady
wouldn't be ready for the Dublin game, rigney is a big blow but sure we have to go with what we got.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

atomic
Junior A

Post by atomic »

I think Dublin have bigger injury concerns that us.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Well the Indo didn't fall for the manager's weeping 'n wailing
http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling ... 49947.html
Kevin wrote:Any truth to this Franks injury business?
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/spo ... 17690.html
How dare they question our integrity!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

wazzaman
Junior A
Club: N/A

Post by wazzaman »

Brian Carroll is INJURED and will be lucky to play for Offaly this summer. Just heard he Pulled Ligaments last night ..

Another cruel blow to are chance's, that look already slim of causing an upset against the jackeens ...

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

wazzaman wrote: Another cruel blow to are chance's, that look already slim of causing an upset against the jackeens ...
The cuelist blow Offaly hurling received for this season was the reappointment of Joe Dooley I'm afraid.

wazzaman
Junior A

Post by wazzaman »

The cuelist blow Offaly hurling received for this season was the reappointment of Joe Dooley I'm afraid.[/quote]

I Couldn't agree with you more.. i cant see anything other than a heavy defeat next sunday and after the match Joe will be saying the lads battled hard and how proud he was an so on etc.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

bracknaghboy wrote:
wazzaman wrote: Another cruel blow to are chance's, that look already slim of causing an upset against the jackeens ...
The cuelist blow Offaly hurling received for this season was the reappointment of Joe Dooley I'm afraid.
and add tom cribbin to that list as well when your at it he is just as bad, people are quick to run down Dooley the whole
time wheres cribbin has done nothing either in the time is it because he does it for nothing i suppose. wouldn't we be better
giving it to someone a few bob and get us out of division 3 at least. Dooley will make ye eat your words after the Dublin game :D

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Just because something else is wrong, it doesn't make other things right.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

wazzaman wrote:The cuelist blow Offaly hurling received for this season was the reappointment of Joe Dooley I'm afraid.
I Couldn't agree with you more.. i cant see anything other than a heavy defeat next sunday and after the match Joe will be saying the lads battled hard and how proud he was an so on etc.
Offaly and Joe Dooley have already released the post match reaction during the week blaming the injury list for what is without going to be a defeat next weekend. Not since the Kilkenny game in 2005 when the Cats won by 46 points or whatever it was have an Offaly team, management and supporters gone into a game already well and truely defeated. What a difference a few months makes......when the draw was made we were all thinking 50-50 game as the Dubs had been tamed by Antrim a few months earlier. However 7 months on and a huge contrast in managerial approach and we enter the game with a less than 20% chance of success in my opinion.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

bracknaghboy wrote:
wazzaman wrote:The cuelist blow Offaly hurling received for this season was the reappointment of Joe Dooley I'm afraid.
I Couldn't agree with you more.. i cant see anything other than a heavy defeat next sunday and after the match Joe will be saying the lads battled hard and how proud he was an so on etc.[/quote]

Offaly and Joe Dooley have already released the post match reaction during the week blaming the injury list for what is without going to be a defeat next weekend. Not since the Kilkenny game in 2005 when the Cats won by 46 points or whatever it was have an Offaly team, management and supporters gone into a game already well and truely defeated. What a difference a few months makes......when the draw was made we were all thinking 50-50 game as the Dubs had been tamed by Antrim a few months earlier. However 7 months on and a huge contrast in managerial approach and we enter the game with a less than 20% chance of success in my opinion.[/quote]

what do you think they would say o we will beat Dublin no problem, i hope offaly hurlers win next weekend and you can put this post where the sun doesn't shine
the thing that driver me mad is most lads on this site hope they do lose, and if we were to win in which i think we might we will have all the arse lickers on the site
saying how great we were, and offaly hurling is back like last year when most were saying we haven't a hope again Galway get behind the fuc.ing team not run them
down :x

faithfulman
Intermediate

Post by faithfulman »

townman wrote:hat driver me mad is most lads on this site hope they do lose, and if we were to win in which i think we might we will have all the arse lickers on the site
saying how great we were, and offaly hurling is back like last year when most were saying we haven't a hope again Galway get behind the fuc.ing team not run them
down
Townman, I agree 100% with you and i have to say fair play to ya.The amount of negativity on this site is absolutely unbelievable.even if lads do think were going to be bet next weekend, the very least they could do is get behind the team and show some support.faithful county my @rse.
He is so bad in goal he needs the net in front of him.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

faithfulman wrote:
townman wrote:hat driver me mad is most lads on this site hope they do lose, and if we were to win in which i think we might we will have all the arse lickers on the site
down
Townman, I agree 100% with you and i have to say fair play to ya.The amount of negativity on this site is absolutely unbelievable.even if lads do think were going to be bet next weekend, the very least they could do is get behind the team and show some support.faithful county my @rse.
cheers faithfulman half of them will be on bar stools watching it but if offaly were to get a good championship run they will always come out of the woodwork
they always did sure didn'y you see the differ in the crowds that were at the Antrim and Galway matches, and the big support we got for the replay your right faithful county my arse to.

wazzaman
Junior A

Post by wazzaman »

I for one hope we beat Dublin!! and townman its Joe Dooley ive the problem with not the players.. I go to most games so you cant call me an arm chair supporter...

Joe Dooley is not up to management in my opinion, and i have nothing against the man, in actual fact his my ''favorite player to have ever played with Offaly'' He's a legend in the game..

At the end of the day we had great success winning all Ireland's as a small county and nobody can take that away from us.. but the structure's are not in place at underage in Offaly at minor and u21..
Who is held accountable for this? Is it poor coaching? Is it the county board's fault for been too greedy with money and filling their own pockets? i just don't know.

I notice in the hurling with all are teams, minors, u21 and senior the player's must have been told when going for high ball example from a puckout from the keeper are lads always try to win high ball by swinging the hurl and not trying to catch the ball 9 times out of 10.. Must of the time the ref blow's for a foul or we lose posession, can we not be coached to simply try and catch the ball in the air instead of swiping at it.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

wazzaman wrote:I notice in the hurling with all are teams, minors, u21 and senior the player's must have been told when going for high ball example from a puckout from the keeper are lads always try to win high ball by swinging the hurl and not trying to catch the ball 9 times out of 10.. Must of the time the ref blow's for a foul or we lose posession, can we not be coached to simply try and catch the ball in the air instead of swiping at it.
You've hit the nail on the head here wazza. If lads don't start putting the hands up for ball next week it will be long long day at the office. Like yourself I certainly hope the lads win and no I'm not an armchair supporter and will at both games next weekend.