Minor Hurling Farce

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Offalys Future
All Star

Re: Minor Hurling Farce

Post by Offalys Future »

i have stayed off forum for close to a year now because i was getting
frustrated and it seems vey little has changed.
in last 3 years i have been at enough underage games in the county to see
that there is plenty talent at underage hurling.
but yet again people have become content to blame kids than actually look at the
underage county board and the management and the structures in place.
nothing has changed to me.
now a year later. joe cleary still over the minors, paddy kirwan over u-21s i still
can't believe this appointment and people like padraig horan etc back running the show.
its just very sad that young promising kids arent been giving a fair chance and thus
ultimately fail.

But it sounds better to say that we're a small county and the players arent there.
give me a break for fecks sake.
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "

Truth as i see it
All Star

Post by Truth as i see it »

Have to agree with you 100% O F, last thing i'm going to say on the matter is that that excuse has been used by the armchair fans to not turn up for games and past board members as an excuse not to spend money on underage development.

( By the way i do respect the dedication and loyalty to the county and clubs of most of the posters on this site, Fair play to ya lads)

Thankfully that has changed and in fairness you have to give credit to the current board for the work they are currenlty putting in especially in this economic climate.

I probably have an unjustified optimistic outlook to sport in general so i can appreciate where the likes of Lone Shark is coming from in his views which are always well balanced but feck it i'd rather think positivly about the counties chances than except lazy excuses.

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

sad to hear this given the fine team that is potentially there. who in particular is gone? i dont always buy the idea of only 12 training, as this can happen of a night given dual players and lads caught with oral exams in school for the last 2 weeks. if this was a consistant thing over several weeks then it would be a worry. i ve said my piece in other threads on this topic and i wont rake them up again. we (hopefully we ll beat wicklow next saturday) will be playing the loser of the offaly/wexford game, having lost heavily to a v good westmeath team - i would say better than the last 2 years teams, so while i could say its good news for us, i m more saddened if this is the case as offaly hurling doesnt need this.