Congratulations to Gallen CS

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Congratulations to Gallen CS

Post by Lone Shark »

Speaking of the betting angle also, Ladbrokes have gone up with over/under 25.5 as their points total - 5/6 about over 25.5. Looks a bit on the low side to me, both these sides have seriously good forward lines and in the space of Croke Park, I'd be amazed if this didn't get up around 30 or so.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

In the long grass
Senior

Post by In the long grass »

WELL DONE to Gallen!!!! Thought myself when clonakilty went in front by 2 near the end that it was not to be their day but thankfully I was wrong!

Aaron McDonagh cud run all day, played a huge part in the victory and took his goal very well!

Well done lads!

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

well done Gallen nice to offaly win some silverware well done lads..... :P

ferbaneman11
Junior C
Club: ferbane

Post by ferbaneman11 »

all-ireland champs absalute unreal match to play in :D :D :D :D :D

Sub-standard
Junior C
Club: Shamrocks

Post by Sub-standard »

Congrats to all involved both from the school and the local clubs; testament to a lot of great work and committment from players and mentors. Well done!!

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Well done to Gallen and all involved. Tremendous achievement. Well done.

Phoenix
All Star

Post by Phoenix »

Congrats to Gallen CS and Good Luck to the Offaly Minors in Aughrim next Saturday

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Yet again I have to take my hat off to these lads. It shows what has happened to Offaly football in recent years that I continue to be amazed in the presence of a group of young footballers who never lose patience and who always seem to have faith in their own ability to come good before the final whistle sounds.

A lot of teams would have been unsettled by the amount of scoring chances that were spurned in the first half, and indeed early in the second half when Collins in the Cork goal seemed to always find a way to keep his net protected. Through all this the backline kept working hard and tackling with discipline, which was huge as Cullinane was always likely to punish any fouls, and around the middle everyone involved hammered in for kickouts and loose ball and kept the flow of possession coming.

Crucially none of the forward line dropped their heads and kept their workrate up and sure enough the dam finally broke.

Never have I seen a team that was an 11/4 outsider against All Ireland champions diminate a game that much, to the point that it could have been a twenty point win on another day, and apparently there was 8/1 on offer at half time. Congrats to anyone who took that price, and more importantly, congratulations to a really great bunch of lads. The feelgood factor about the town over the weekend was through the roof, this is a really well liked and popular group of lads that the community is very proud of.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.