Louth vs Offaly NFL Division 3 Round 4 13/03/2011

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
joe123
Junior B

Re: Louth vs Offaly NFL Division 3 Round 4 13/03/2011

Post by joe123 »

Rhode hurler, Why is he called shaper?? and you know all about him do ya? why don't you rate him? in fairness he's been as good s most offaky players over the years and gives 100 percent always!!

uibhfaillian
Junior A

Post by uibhfaillian »

Good to see Offaly putting a few results together. 3 games left, at home v Tipp and away to Waterford and Westmeath. Westmeath at Cusack Park possibly the trickiest one?

http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/ ... 1/roinn-3/
Last edited by uibhfaillian on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Im not a fan of his by any means but yes he did his job well yesterday. Finally Cribben is playing him in the only place he should...full forward. He is a poacher and will take a chance if it presents itself. He has and always will be lost as a half forward because he hasnt the qualities needed to play that role. But he can be effective at full forward if given nice ball. Well done to Cribben for the selection and Reynolds for doing his job. I sincerely hope both keep this up come championship football.

joe123
Junior B

Post by joe123 »

Offalys lack of consistency will be a worry of course but every chance of winning all them games and I think Waterford away will be the trickiest one, simply because its away, although Waterford are poor, its a long way to go and perform and come home with another away win.

offalyman18
Junior B
Club: offaly

Post by offalyman18 »

rhode hurler wrote:dont rate renolyds at all.hes not called shaper 4 nothin
typical rhode begrudger just because hes from clara...always performs 4 county and club and always gives 100 percent...thought u especially would know that as he has roasted rhode on many occasions :D

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

rhode hurler wrote:dont rate renolyds at all.hes not called shaper 4 nothin
that rich coming from a club that called Alan McNamee ( Super) don't tell me there's no shaper's
on the rhode panel every club has them you shouldn't throw stones in glasshouse's , bye the way i am not from clara

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

No matter what anyone says about him on this thread, the final word is that in this league campaign so far he has spent two and a half games on the field and scored 1-7 from play. He can go for a bath in brylcream for all I care if he keeps that form up.

As regards the match, it's absolutely great to see an Offaly team dig out wins like they have done in the last two rounds. Away wins in the league are hard to come by for any team and lest we forget, these wins came against a side that could easily have won Leinster, and another side that took Cork to extra time last year. Obviously a different type of performance will be needed against Tipperary where they will probably play 10 or 11 players in their own half of the field and look for Grogan, Fox and a few others to strike on the break, but the simple fact of the matter is that we have left ourselves in a situation where wins over Tipp and Waterford will leave us shooting for promotion on the last day of the season, with the possibility of relegating Westmeath into the bargain.

That's the stuff of dreams right there. :D
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

butter
Junior C

Post by butter »

Poor Shaper!. He gets a pretty raw deal from people here.. Although he can be quite frustrating at times it doesnt take away from the fact he is a quality footballer!. Never too excited to see him jog towards me at the start of a game.. Hes a difficult man to keep an eye on, quick and surprisingly strong.. I think its just his decision making that lets him down on occasion.. Ease off guys!

rhode hurler
Junior C
Club: Rhode

Post by rhode hurler »

The day i saw him fall down da stairs in o connor park stand i lost every ounce of respect 4 da man... shapers in rhode? ive yet to c 1.. find me any lad wit white tracky bottoms here and ud b doin well

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Rhode hurler, take yourself and your bullshit over to the Hoganstand forum where it belongs!

wazzaman
Junior A
Club: N/A

Post by wazzaman »

Offaly's next match against Tipp at home, and is now a most win game if we want too get promoted..

Louth are at home to limerick and Wexford up against Cavan in the ''graveyard'' cant see are rivals slipping up here no chance!!

We will be favorites v Tipp and should be good anofe to despose of them in Tullamore, as we all know we dont handle the favorite's tag well.
I reckon its between ourselves and louth for second place, god it would be nail bitting if we have to beat that other shower westmeath in are last game,
and not much between them either I think the winner will be whoever is mentally stronger in the lead up too the game..

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Post by Fargo Boyle »

Waterford will be no push over. They have keenly contested every one of their league games this year and will be tough oponents down in Dungarvan. They nearly won div 4 last year and the standard is not much better in div 3

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Full credit due to Cribbin and the players. I'm not a Cribbin fan and think some of this decisions are questionable at best but hes getting there. I think having a settled full back has been vital throughout this league also in general the team is settled enough and no crazy experiments like McManus at full or wing back! Massive opportunity ahead. Promotion to Div 2 would give this team a huge lift going into a Leinster draw that is as favourable as it gets. Lets take care of Tipp on Sunday.

brian fantana
Intermediate
Club: rhode

Post by brian fantana »

rhode hurler dosent speak for everyone in rhode, take no notice

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

rhode hurler wrote:The day i saw him fall down da stairs in o connor park stand i lost every ounce of respect 4 da man... shapers in rhode? ive yet to c 1.. find me any lad wit white tracky bottoms here and ud b doin well
with your profile name and running down a county footballer i think your a muppet