Tone of debate declining?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
backofthenet
All Star

Re: Tone of debate declining?

Post by backofthenet »

There have been some people on criticising players on county teams, Ive done it myself, but I always try to keep it objectively and based on performances rather than bias. I think if you took that away what would we talk about??

I also understand that some players get unduly criticised when they are only trying their best and ARE the best players in their position in the county, There are a number of players that fall under this bracket, Ger Oakley was one, Joe Brady is another that comes to mind. But this site is based on opinion, and as the saying goes, opinions are like ass holes...everyones got one

danandmollys
Junior C
Club: KK

Post by danandmollys »

so what if the players went out on the lash after sundays games... i personally think both players mentioned were as well off to put their poor performances behind them and move on..... what harm can a few pints do...

with regards to the hurlers on sunday, i think management have to look at where they are going with some of the players on the team... between players not being good enough and playing out of position they will be lucky to beat wexford the way they are going.... some management decisions are baffling!!!!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

backofthenet wrote:There have been some people on criticising players on county teams, Ive done it myself, but I always try to keep it objectively and based on performances rather than bias. I think if you took that away what would we talk about??
I don't think anyon'e looking to take that away - it's when it goes beyond that into name calling and such crass generalised statements that it gets a bit over the top.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

IMHO

mickey omeara is shite and always has been dont know what hes doing near the panel sure everyone knows hes only there to get the free gear and doesnt really give a shite hes always on the beer anyways = Bad.

I think Mickey O'Meara had another bad game this weekend, to be honest I don't really think he's up to county standard. Also, I personally have concerns over whether he realises he needs to get his body ready both on the training pitch and off it = Acceptable.
The night is darkest before the dawn