Massive Offaly Sporting event on tonight!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Massive Offaly Sporting event on tonight!

Post by Lone Shark »

Okay, slightly shameless plug, but I know the guys running this stuff and it's actually very well done and great fun. Plus if I see anyone there who doesn't want to admit to going, I promise to keep schtum.....

WRESTLING MANIA COMES TO TULLAMORE
For the first time in over three years, stars of American Wrestling will invade Tullamore, Co. Offaly, when the powerhouses of Emerald Wrestling Promotions stamp their mark all over the Bridge House Hotel on Friday February 18th at 7.30pm.

In a night of guaranteed non stop action, those in attendance will witness the incredible power of Heavyweight gladiators and the athleticism of their high flying Cruiserweight counterparts.

One Wrestler looking forward to making the trip to Tullamore is Welsh Heavyweight; Andy Boy Simmonz. Andy is a household name around the UK Wrestling circuit and has achieved great success in many European countries – holding titles in Italy, Germany and Spain.

As a fan favourite all over Europe, it wasn’t long before Simmonz attracted the attention of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Simmonz was quickly contracted to battle WWE Superstars Matt Hardy, Goldust and Snitsky on live television. So impressed was WWE Owner Vince McMahon that he personally challenged Simmonz to take on Samoan Monster Umaga in the main event of Monday Night Raw. Andy courageously accepted and put up a warriors effort in a memorable collision.

When asked about the event, Simmonz said "I'm really looking forward to coming to Tullamore, because most people only see wrestling on TV and they don't realise what an incredible spectacle it can be when you're close enough to hear every blow. Offaly, and Ireland generally, has a great sporting tradition and I can promise them that they'll never forget the name Andy Boy Simmonz after the 18th."

Also in action in the Bridge House will be the Manchester Monster, LT Summers. Standing 6 foot 6 Inches tall with 17 stone of pure muscle, Summers is an intimidating force for any challenger.

Having represented his country at Rugby League, Summers decided to unleash his aggression inside the ring. LT has since dominated the UK Heavyweight Wrestling scene, holding the British Heavyweight Title for four long spells.

Summers recently issued a challenge to any Irish wrestler to battle him on February 18th – one which was bravely accepted by Celtic Warrior Eamon O’Neill, a home town hero who always draws huge crowds to events in his native county and all over Europe. The Manchester Monster has stated “O’Neill has bitten off more than he can chew!!”

Other wrestlers scheduled to appear on the night include: High Flying Mexican - Lion Kid, TNA Star – Haskins and The American Idol - Sean Sensation, plus many more top wrestling stars.

After a jam packed night of exciting matches, fans in attendance will have the opportunity to meet all the superstars & collect autographs/pictures with the show having a family friendly theme.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

TRUEGAEL
Junior A

Re: Massive Offaly Sporting event on tonight!

Post by TRUEGAEL »

id say the ferbane football team are wrestling to there good at it lately :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Left Foot
Senior

Post by My Left Foot »

surely Seamus darby is the greatest Irish wrestler - he wrestled a 5 in a row from a kingdom single handedly

or maybe thats rustler !!!!!

or the Undertaker ( Phil Reilly !!!)

I'll get me coat !

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

let me get your coat for you left :D