General Election time

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: General Election time

Post by Bord na Mona man »

The Biff wrote: Foley has been the best man at getting his picture in the papers over the past few years. Quite literally, he seems to have gone to everything envelop opening, he's sponsored a few sports teams for jersey presentations, all the usual groundwork. That's why he was so annoyed at getting kicked off the FF ticket that has basically been his as a given since the last Election. I can see him trying to use his recent resignation to try to save face now and to try to show he has some decency in him. He could do better than many expect. Personally speaking, I could not in conscience support anyone with FF roots, not after the current debacle.
Yep, if ever there was a man who tried to buy, beg and blag his way into a Dail seat. What is the motivation for it all I wonder?
He even did a stage dive on live tv :wink: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNeLoTp8Rc

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
The Biff wrote: Foley has been the best man at getting his picture in the papers over the past few years. Quite literally, he seems to have gone to everything envelop opening, he's sponsored a few sports teams for jersey presentations, all the usual groundwork. That's why he was so annoyed at getting kicked off the FF ticket that has basically been his as a given since the last Election. I can see him trying to use his recent resignation to try to save face now and to try to show he has some decency in him. He could do better than many expect. Personally speaking, I could not in conscience support anyone with FF roots, not after the current debacle.
Yep, if ever there was a man who tried to buy, beg and blag his way into a Dail seat. What is the motivation for it all I wonder?
He even did a stage dive on live tv :wink: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNeLoTp8Rc

A classic!

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

RTE News will be reporting from Portlaoise this evening.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

:lol: Ah jaysus what the feck is going on there? When he picks himself up hes facing the wrong way! Was he picking up 20 cent off the floor?
Foley won't get in lads but I can tell you he will pick up plenty of votes in Edenderry, Clonbullogue, Rhode and these kind of areas this end of the county. Him running is a fatal blow to Liam Quinns chances. Laois Offaly will be one of the most interesting votes in 4 weeks time. Perhaps the Fianna Fail hardcore will not take to Bazza Cowen as I initially thought. Speaking to some people today not all very happy with the cut of him........Interesting few weeks ahead.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

i for one wont vote for foley,he sees how bad ff are doing and going to do so he jumps ship and now he is trying to and someone said on here save face and wiggle his way in .its time to get rid of him and this lot,give the younger lads and ladies a chance.the cowens and his type got enough and did enough damage to country.i thought at one stage foley was the owner of the topic he was in it that much :D .i also seen that stage dive,plenty drank that night id say

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

kingscounty wrote:i also seen that stage dive,plenty drank that night id say
I dont think pioneers drink??

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

of course pioneers drink!!fizzy drinks can leave people very hiper and when your standing on a box to gain a few extra inches in height ,full of coke cola im sure it is very hard to keep your balance.you will prob say he doesnt drink coke cola next!!!!

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

kingscounty wrote:you will prob say he doesnt drink coke cola next!!!!
Diet Coke.... Get Your facts right!!!! :)

Heshs Umpire
County player

Post by Heshs Umpire »

Lone Shark wrote:Independent councillor from Portarlington. I think he's part of the FF "gene pool" but I'm not sure.
Eddie Fitz is ex PD. Not sure what he was pre PD.

Doon Massive
All Star

Post by Doon Massive »

BREAKING NEWS

The first John Bracken poster has been spotted, and in a world of change it's comforting to see some things are still the same.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

You just don't get candidates of Bracken's quality in this election. Or this, for that matter....

Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Lone Shark wrote:You just don't get candidates of Bracken's quality in this election. Or this, for that matter....

Never a good idea to have the word Paedophile embalzoned across a poster along with a large picture of yourself :shock:
Over the last 4 years I have seen Bracken election posters in Pubs, student accomodation windows and random lamp posts up and down the country. He must have put up 500 of them during the 2007 campaign but there was only about 30 left when he went to collect them post the election :lol:

Bord na Mona man
All Star

bracknaghboy wrote:
Lone Shark wrote:You just don't get candidates of Bracken's quality in this election. Or this, for that matter....

Never a good idea to have the word Paedophile embalzoned across a poster along with a large picture of yourself :shock:
Yep, surely your man is in danger of getting lynched by folks who think he is the one actually being identified as a paedophile in the poster.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

bracknaghboy wrote: Over the last 4 years I have seen Bracken election posters in Pubs, student accomodation windows and random lamp posts up and down the country. He must have put up 500 of them during the 2007 campaign but there was only about 30 left when he went to collect them post the election :lol:
I fully intend topping up my stockpile of Bracken posters after this election.
Imagine in a thousand years time when archaeologists dig one of them up! :shock:

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

some head on that bracken lad alright.