Rhode V Kilmacud

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
naasmanxrhode
All Star

Re: Rhode V Kilmacud

Post by naasmanxrhode »

I see that p***k from Laois Kinsella is refing Offaly and Cavan on Sunday, i hope that the crowd let him know what they think of him.
Be careful out their

Heshs Umpire
County player

Post by Heshs Umpire »

Don't think Mr Kinsella will be worried what they think of him. It's what the referee's assesors think of him that counts. Got a nice big mark off them for the Leinster final too. :wink:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Heshs Umpire wrote:Don't think Mr Kinsella will be worried what they think of him. It's what the referee's assesors think of him that counts. Got a nice big mark off them for the Leinster final too. :wink:
of course he got a big mark off them keeping the dubs in the club has to be done, i also remember reading about what the same Mr kinsella has to say about the dubs
the year they bet laois and vaughan was shouting into Darren Rooneys face, he should practice what he preach's but we wouldn't have anything bad said about Mr Eddie Kinsella
now would we Heshs Umpire not when he comes from your own club courtwood not that he or they would know about leinster club football :wink:

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Jaysus lads relax. Don't be making this personal - no call for that. If anyone wants to identify themselves on this board that's up to them - if they don't, then it's not for anyone else to start giving clues.

As for Eddie Kinsella, I'd be lying if I said he came to my attention for being particularly good or bad before the club final, and having looked at it again, I stand by my view - a couple of dodgy calls, most notably the free out for Kilmacud near the end, but in general most of the frees against Rhode were brought on themselves. Equally Anton ran into a lot of trouble but anything he didn't get was more than balanced out by a quite soft penalty.

Eddie Kinsella might be a great ref or he might be quare useless, I haven't watched him enough to make my own call, but I really don't think the club final would be perceived as a bad performance by anyone not looking at the game through Rhode-coloured glasses.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Heshs Umpire
County player

Post by Heshs Umpire »

Lone Shark wrote:Jaysus lads relax. Don't be making this personal - no call for that. If anyone wants to identify themselves on this board that's up to them - if they don't, then it's not for anyone else to start giving clues.

As for Eddie Kinsella, I'd be lying if I said he came to my attention for being particularly good or bad before the club final, and having looked at it again, I stand by my view - a couple of dodgy calls, most notably the free out for Kilmacud near the end, but in general most of the frees against Rhode were brought on themselves. Equally Anton ran into a lot of trouble but anything he didn't get was more than balanced out by a quite soft penalty.

Eddie Kinsella might be a great ref or he might be quare useless, I haven't watched him enough to make my own call, but I really don't think the club final would be perceived as a bad performance by anyone not looking at the game through Rhode-coloured glasses.
Ah to be honest LS, I couldn't give a shite what what some keyboard hero thinks of Eddie, me or my club. I also couldn't give a flying f**k who knows me or thinks they know me by my username, it's no big secret on any other forum I use the same name on.

You probably have it right there. Pretty much every ref will get a couple of calls wrong in a game. It's the overall performance some assesors will be looking at.

Oceans 15
County player

Post by Oceans 15 »

Heshs Umpire wrote:
Lone Shark wrote:Jaysus lads relax. Don't be making this personal - no call for that. If anyone wants to identify themselves on this board that's up to them - if they don't, then it's not for anyone else to start giving clues.

Ah to be honest LS, I couldn't give a shite what what some keyboard hero thinks of Eddie, me or my club. I also couldn't give a flying f**k who knows me or thinks they know me by my username, it's no big secret on any other forum I use the same name on.

You probably have it right there. Pretty much every ref will get a couple of calls wrong in a game. It's the overall performance some assesors will be looking at.
I don't think Rhode can blame the ref for losing the game at all. There was one or 2 frees either way but nothing major. Now Rhodes defeat against Kilmacud 2 years ago makes my blood boil even now when I think of it. At least one of the goals was a free out. One of them the Kilmacud player jumped up into the Rhode keeper and wasn't even interested in the ball. Of course this game was reffed by our favourite ref from over the border who rode us in the U21 Final against Laois in 2007.