Intermediate

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
duboffaly
Junior A

Intermediate

Post by duboffaly »

Walsh Island and Ballyfore went through to semis at the expence of Rhode and Kilclonfert.

Who will join them? Tubber or clonbullogue, or, Rynaghs or Raheen.
Most likely Tubber and Rynaghs.

Walsh Island struggled through however they will be pleased as Rhode would have been training with the seniors and would have fancied ther chances.

OffalyManAway
Senior

Post by OffalyManAway »

:shock:
Anyone got any info, report, scoreline , anythin' :?: on that Kilclonfert v Ballyfore game ?
:shock:

duboffaly
Junior A

Post by duboffaly »

tubber and rynaghs into semis..

Open draw Monday.

Tubber, Rynaghs, Ballyfore and Walsh Island

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Its gonna be a Rynaghs and Walsh Island county final hopefully, should make for a great game with rynaghs to go thru, would be great for the club.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Tis mad really - you look at the offaly team that started the Leinster minor final this year - and 7 of them from those intermediate clubs. (Add in Gorman and Mahon and 9 of the fifteen starters were from intermediate football clubs as opposed to six from senior!!) Those clubs also contribute our senior full back, midfielder and a few other panellists.

Contrast that with the three bottom clubs in the senior championship - Erin Rovers have a couple of good minors, otherwise no county representation at any level.

Certainly some fresh blood in the senior championship would be nice to see for a lot of reasons, and the way things are now, the sooner we have an "out with the old and in with the new" the better.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

And who would be "the out with the old"?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I'm in enough trouble for now, I think I'll leave people draw their own conclusions on that one...... :D

duboffaly
Junior A

Post by duboffaly »

Draw was made.

Walsh Island V Ballyfore
Rynaghs V Tubber

Coincidentally Walsh Island play Ballyfore in league match tonight 7:30 in Walsh Island

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Rynaghs and tubber should be a good game........again!! i'd expect our boys to pull hru again and get back into senior, its been a long time!! any suggestions on who'll get relegated from senior? also, does anyone know where i can view the championship tables on d internet or some newspaper?

duboffaly
Junior A

Post by duboffaly »

Ballyfore and walsh island drew in the league game last night. (walsh island without the 2 offaly minors).

The winner was due to go through to the semi final of div 2 league. Anybody know what happens when 2 teams finish on same points in the league? Who goes through?

duboffaly
Junior A

Post by duboffaly »

Rynaghs beat Tubber

duboffaly
Junior A

Post by duboffaly »

Walsh Island beat Ballyfore. 1-10 to 1-9. Walsh Island V Rynaghs now in the final...

Who will win?

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Rynaghs should be favourites.Walsh Island just about scraped over Ballyfore on Saturday nite.

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

duboffaly wrote:Walsh Island beat Ballyfore. 1-10 to 1-9. Walsh Island V Rynaghs now in the final...

Who will win?
This year, like no other, our boys have put in a lot of work and should be very prepared for the final. against tubber they looked very fit and i think it was their stamina that got them through in the end. they shoed great movement with the ball but failed to convert a lot of their chances, hopefully that'll change. as for WI im not too sure, anyone any news on them? when is the final on has anyone heard?

duboffaly
Junior A

Post by duboffaly »

Walsh Island could do with being fitter. Very committed this year tho, first time in a long time. While they scraped past Ballyfore it was a good result as B'fore have been in many finals and semi finals in recent years and were quite fancied this year. Walsh Island are a very young team, the eldest I believe to be 26 last saturday.

Should be a good final.

Both teams wear green and white so both will prob have to change jerseys. Walsh Island played in bracknagh jerseys last sat night.