The all Ireland hurling final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
black and red exile
All Star

Re: The all Ireland hurling final

Post by black and red exile »

Well done Tipp, a terrific performance and great to see KK get a taste of their own medicine yesterday for a change and well done Lar Corbett for hitting the onion sack 3 times. Going slightly off the topic I was disappointed that Shane Dooley didn't make the team of the year from the panel last night, he was the second highest scorer in the championship and top scorer ion the League, strange :(

My Left Foot
Senior

Post by My Left Foot »

A fantastic final - goals win games - simple motto but it is usually right.

Tipp raised their game to Kilkennys level and beat them at it so fair dues - I never thought they'd do it so a slice of humble pie for me today ! Kilkenny never laid down and kept plugging away but it wasn't to be.

Yes Offaly are miles away from that level currently, but we have to aspire to reaching those levels.

Hard work will be required as we need good young hurlers to add to our panel and at underage we are currently really off the pace and this needs urgent addressing by the county board from u10 upwards.

Thats my tuppence worth for today

Now I'm off to worry about Liam Sheedys sleep patterns for the day :wink:

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Well done Tipp. No offence meant to Kilkenny, but hurling will be all the better for it (including Offaly hurling).

How Tipp played reminded me of what Jim Telfer urged the Lions to do against South Africa:
"Get right up in their faces and turn them back, knock them back. Outdo what they do. Outjump them, outscrum them, outruck them, outdrive them, outtackle them, until they’re f***ing sick of you."

In the end Kilkenny got sick of Tipp and couldn't withstand the onslaught.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

My Left Foot wrote:A fantastic final - goals win games - simple motto but it is usually right.

Tipp raised their game to Kilkennys level and beat them at it so fair dues - I never thought they'd do it so a slice of humble pie for me today ! Kilkenny never laid down and kept plugging away but it wasn't to be.

Yes Offaly are miles away from that level currently, but we have to aspire to reaching those levels.

Hard work will be required as we need good young hurlers to add to our panel and at underage we are currently really off the pace and this needs urgent addressing by the county board from u10 upwards.

Thats my tuppence worth for today

Now I'm off to worry about Liam Sheedys sleep patterns for the day :wink:
:lol: :lol: