Intermediate championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
offalyman
Senior

Re: Intermediate championship

Post by offalyman »

id say the betting for the Intermediate championship would now read:
Raheen 15/8
st.ryanaghs 11/4
Rhode 6/1
Durrow 13/2
Shannonbridge 8/1
doon 11/1
clonbullogue 16/1
birr 20/1
kilclonfert 33/1

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

offalyman wrote:id say the betting for the Intermediate championship would now read:
Raheen 15/8
st.ryanaghs 11/4
Rhode 6/1
Durrow 13/2
Shannonbridge 8/1
doon 11/1
clonbullogue 16/1
birr 20/1
kilclonfert 33/1

I would kindly take 100 Euro e/w on Clonbullogue at 16's if your willing to match me?
Twice we had the chance,but well get one more

john locke
Junior A

Post by john locke »

theman wrote:
offalyman wrote:id say the betting for the Intermediate championship would now read:
Raheen 15/8
st.ryanaghs 11/4
Rhode 6/1
Durrow 13/2
Shannonbridge 8/1
doon 11/1
clonbullogue 16/1
birr 20/1
kilclonfert 33/1

I would kindly take 100 Euro e/w on Clonbullogue at 16's if your willing to match me?
" the man " Did you get your bet on with the lone shark on yer little debate over who will finish higher in the group Shannon bridge or Clonbullogue ...... very close one to call , both teams should make knock out stages
Sometimes you meet your destiny on the road you took to avoid it

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

john locke wrote:
theman wrote:
Raheen 15/8
st.ryanaghs 11/4
Rhode 6/1
Durrow 13/2
Shannonbridge 8/1
doon 11/1
clonbullogue 16/1
birr 20/1
kilclonfert 33/1

" the man " Did you get your bet on with the lone shark on yer little debate over who will finish higher in the group Shannon bridge or Clonbullogue ...... very close one to call , both teams should make knock out stages

No i didnt take up his offer. Looks like i woulda lost anyway. Shannonbridge bet us the weekend. Close game but they edged it in the end. Just a note as well, Shannonbridge wouldnt look out of place in the premiership the way they carried on last saturday. Diving and faking injurys to hold up the play. First half went on for exactly 43 Minutes because of ''injurys'' to there players and then diving anytime they took a belt. Time they man up and take there hits.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

I wouldn't rule Clonbullogue out. They won't win it out but I seen them earlier this year and thought they'd progressed a nice bit since I'd seen them a couple of years ago. Theres a shock or 2 in them yet!

blue+yellow
Junior B

Post by blue+yellow »

the man, what are you talking about shannonbridge faking injurys? john egan hurt his knee very badly and had to be takin off he was down for nearly 10 mins thats why there was so much injury time.. clonulloge were goin in with bad challenges all throught the match. shannonbridge dont fake anything. shannonbridge didn need to hold up any play caus they were alot better than clonbulloge

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Fair enough,your midielder did get a bad knock. But anytime Clonbullogue got momentum going a shannonbridge player would go down ''injured'' and hold up the play. We were going in hard of course,we hardly gona just back off yer players and let them walk through. Its football were playing not tag rugby. Man up. Based on yer display yee wont get far,not saying we will either. We badly need a free taker.

blue+yellow
Junior B

Post by blue+yellow »

there notin between shannonbridge raheen and rynaghs and winner will be one of them.. i know we havin been goin great this year so far but when push comes to shove we will be hard beat, we missin alot of players this year gone travelling and through injury,

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Blue and Yellow i think you are been biased. Shannonbridge wont get further than semi's. Lets just be honest,if we had of taking half of our scoring chances on sat (we hit 16 wides) yee would be in serious trouble now with only 1 point. Raheen are a serious outfit this year,dont realy know anyting about Rynaghs. Could be a few shocks in the quater's. You never know,we coud meet again.

blue+yellow
Junior B

Post by blue+yellow »

i think watever ye wud hav scored we wud hav well matched it we had 5 points to spare..
we should have beatin raheen last week we were the better team against st rynaghs aswel when the pressure is on thats when bridge r at there best. its a mental problem. we gonna be playin rhode in quarter final ye will hav durrow ye definately hav a chance there

theman
All Star

Post by theman »

Well in my opinion any of the intermediate teams could match Raheen and Rynaghs on most days,bar maybe Clara. If we do end up meeting Durrow in the quaters wed better give them another 14 point lead like we did earlier in the league. Best of luck to yee anyway,yee will beat clara with about 10 points to spare next weekend.

blue+yellow
Junior B

Post by blue+yellow »

we playin castleisland in the celebrity bainisteoir next weekend so the clara match will be put back but yeah id imagine we should win by more than 10 points. good luck to ye 2 hope we meet ye in the semis :)

a faithful man
Junior C

Post by a faithful man »

hurling intermediate im talking.....anybody hear about a Karney from Shinrone. I hear he has 5 goals in 2 matches. 1 winning goal. just shows the talent that is intermediate championship.

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

How did the Bridge get on at the weekend. Did Nuala and the troops get the win and party the night away in Kileens?

Hocker
All Star

Post by Hocker »

Nah they were beaten 2-06 to 2-10.....