Roy Makaay to line out for the Faithful???

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Biff O'Mahon
Intermediate

Roy Makaay to line out for the Faithful???

Post by Biff O'Mahon »

Unlikely.

But perhaps LS can give an opinion here... different code I know but I know you're all-knowing & you won't say no...

Just browsed the paddypower site - I see that Bayern Munich are 18-1 to win the champions league (I was :shock: ed)... that doesn't look like bad value does it??? Worth a small flutter????

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Firstly, once upon a time I would have been in the heart of PP's raceroom and would have had a concrete opinion - now, I've got quite bored with soccer, and don't find it at all watchable, so my knowledge of European form is not all that it could be.

What I do know is that German clubs have not performed well in Europe in recent years - revenue in German soccer is down - where once Bayern would have competed with most clubs in terms of revenue, that's not the case any more. They are getting old, and haven't really found any potential superstars that would suggest that a big push is likely.

On the other hand....

(1) German sides always know how to win. They've got a nice group, and will make the last 16.

(2) This competition has got very democratic - Liverpool won it FFS. Porto was bad, but Liverpool ..... :roll:

(3) This is the most important bit. Betting is all about value, and 18/1 is best price - betfair included.

Ultimately, I have no strong opinion, except to say that if you do fancy them, you could do worse than 18/1 - however you possibly could do better. http://www.pcsports.ie - a Galway company, run by a really sound guy called Paul Carmody, hence the name. They're also 18/1, but more importantly, if you haven't got an account yet, he'll match your first bet with a free bet up to €50 - you'll see it on the site under specials. If you haven't opened yet, and you were going to back Bayern anyway, they could be the way to go.

Biff O'Mahon
Intermediate

sit back and watch the money roll in...

Post by Biff O'Mahon »

Cheers LS 'preciate that (& the link)

I've since remembered that the last time I did take advice from you (and you were "in the heart of PP's raceroom" at the time) I lost all my money...

What to do...

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

I'm sure I lost plenty along with you!

Any chance you could help me out as to who I'm talking to here? It's always very un-nerving when someone knows who you are but you haven't a clue the other way......

(It was yourself knew my Mam was from Moate as well I think??)

Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh
Senior

Post by Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh »

Can't see how this topic has any benifit to Offaly GAA! Only seems to glorify non-National pastimes

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Lone Shark wrote:...... now, I've got quite bored with soccer, and don't find it at all watchable, so my knowledge of European form is not all that it could be.

Hardly glorifies it too much.

Anyway, sure helpful souls that we all are, I'm sure no-one would leave another Biff in the dark if they could help them out ..... :)

Biff O'Mahon
Intermediate

humblest apologies

Post by Biff O'Mahon »

Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh wrote:Can't see how this topic has any benifit to Offaly GAA! Only seems to glorify non-National pastimes
You're right there Seán... the moderators shoud pull any threads that mention foreign sports. Didn't mean to glorify... just knew LS has a nose for good odds!

However, by contributing to the thread yourself you're only encouraging it! :wink:

Biff O'Mahon
Intermediate

hate tha'

Post by Biff O'Mahon »

Lone Shark wrote: It's always very un-nerving when someone knows who you are but you haven't a clue the other way......
I'm like that meeting people face-to-face, you know you should know them but just can't place them, its a dreadful affliction altogether...

I'd be from one of the lesser known O'Mahon families from around the green fields of Ferbane. But didn't mean to unsettle you, no intention of stalking you or nothin' ... :D