RTE Webcast

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

RTE Webcast

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

I've missed very few Offaly games in my lifetime, as the shark crowd will tell ye. But since being exiled to the other side of the world, it's increasingly difficult to watch my boys. I wanted to be in Croke Park yesterday, shouting till me lungs pop out, jump till I twist me ankles on the hill, and drink till I'm arrested!!

But, I've yet to see a ball being pucked. RTE show the games online in the island of Ireland, I'm sure there's some logical and administrative reason for it that someone might know. But can someone suggest a possible way of getting the game on my computer screen?? Is there someway of changing the IP address to trick the computer to think I'm in Ireland?

If anyone can do this, I'll send a tacky boomerang in the post.

Cheers men

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Re: RTE Webcast

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Got it on youtube but I want it live by the way....

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

I've the same problem and have the joys of Midlands 103 to satiate my appetite for Offaly's sporting endeaovurs.
I do know that you can change your IP address to mask over the fact that you aren't in The Republic,but I'm a bit of a luddite and am unsure as to how one goes about this.
Although,I will consult the book of armaments and try to ascertain how it is done.

As an aside,it was proved once again on Sunday that those in Montrose and RTE haven't got a clue about what games to broadcast live.
Anybody with a modicum of knowledge of hurling as it presently stands,would have known that Cork-Limerick was sure to be lopsided in the extreme,whereas there was some scope for a ding-dong battle in Headquarters.

I don't suppose the replay will be aired live,no?

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

If ye search on boards.ie there are instructions about how to get around this restriction.
You need to go through a proxy to fool the site into you are in Ireland.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Rynaghs Biffo wrote:I've missed very few Offaly games in my lifetime, as the shark crowd will tell ye. But since being exiled to the other side of the world, it's increasingly difficult to watch my boys. I wanted to be in Croke Park yesterday, shouting till me lungs pop out, jump till I twist me ankles on the hill, and drink till I'm arrested!!

But, I've yet to see a ball being pucked. RTE show the games online in the island of Ireland, I'm sure there's some logical and administrative reason for it that someone might know. But can someone suggest a possible way of getting the game on my computer screen?? Is there someway of changing the IP address to trick the computer to think I'm in Ireland?

If anyone can do this, I'll send a tacky boomerang in the post.

Cheers men

You need a proxy server based in Ireland to get around it. The reason it is Ireland only is due to the fact that GAA have sold the international rights and so RTE cant broadcast it internatioally
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

BUFFALO wrote:
As an aside,it was proved once again on Sunday that those in Montrose and RTE haven't got a clue about what games to broadcast live.
Anybody with a modicum of knowledge of hurling as it presently stands,would have known that Cork-Limerick was sure to be lopsided in the extreme,whereas there was some scope for a ding-dong battle in Headquarters.

It was TV3 that was broadcasting the games last weekend
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

joe bloggs wrote:
BUFFALO wrote:

It was TV3 that was broadcasting the games last weekend
Well pardon me.
I stand corrected.
But the fact that lasts weekends hurling action was aired on TV3 makes it even worse.
As an aside,has anyone noticed how shoody their(TV3) camera work is when covering hurling?
It does take some level of skill to even follow the game and it is apparent that they are sorely lacking in this department.

flairgun
Junior A

Post by flairgun »

RB, if you still need 'em, I'll try to PM you some instructions on the proxy server workaround later if I can. I'm in work at the moment so the sites I want to link you to are blocked. It's tough though, as finding a working proxy in Ireland is hit and miss, I missed most of the first half the other day trying to get a good one.

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

That's great Flairgun, very much appreciated!! And thanks for putting up the game on youtube, highlights just don't cut it for me!!

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Rynaghs biffo good man

If you know someone with a uk or irish sky box the match is viewable. If you've a uk box, maybe some pub but hardly open at 6 in the morning i don't know, the match is on channel 433, msk channel. If they've an irish card in the sky box just pull out the card and plug out the box for a few minutes and it will default to the uk listings.

Thinking about it some more i don't know if the sky satellite signal is beamed to australia, probably not but it might help someone in europe.

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

turk wrote:Rynaghs biffo good man

If you know someone with a uk or irish sky box the match is viewable. If you've a uk box, maybe some pub but hardly open at 6 in the morning i don't know, the match is on channel 433, msk channel. If they've an irish card in the sky box just pull out the card and plug out the box for a few minutes and it will default to the uk listings.

Thinking about it some more i don't know if the sky satellite signal is beamed to australia, probably not but it might help someone in europe.
Just after noticing that the game is indeed being shown on MSK.
A most welcome surprise.
There'll be plenty of buckleppin',roaring and shouting to be had on the streets of Peckham this evening.

Esto Fidelis!