Offaly v Galway Leinster Semi Final On TV?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
biffo_king
Junior A

Offaly v Galway Leinster Semi Final On TV?

Post by biffo_king »

Well Lads..
unfortunately iam jetting off to Majorica that week :(
and going to miss the match.... Frist championship il have missed in years.:(

Does anyone know if its on the box(soo il hunt down an irish) to see the match live)

cant seem to find it on RTE.IE

or will i be stuck with my LW Radio??? :lol:

Thanks.....

G,wan the faihfull

bracknaghboy
All Star

Re: Offaly v Galway Leinster Semi Final On TV?

Post by bracknaghboy »

You're outa luck Biff. Cork and Limerick is the televised game. I'll head up myself as its nice to see the hurlers in a meaningful game in Croke Park again and I guess you never know what could happen?

On the issue of live games RTE have disgracefully pulled the Meath Laois game due to be shown on sunday and are showing Cork and Kerry replay instead. Meath Laois promised to be right good game in my opinion.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

bracknaghboy wrote:You're outa luck Biff. Cork and Limerick is the televised game. I'll head up myself as its nice to see the hurlers in a meaningful game in Croke Park again and I guess you never know what could happen?

On the issue of live games RTE have disgracefully pulled the Meath Laois game due to be shown on sunday and are showing Cork and Kerry replay instead. Meath Laois promised to be right good game in my opinion.
If RTE are going to show that glorified challenge match they don't deserve a license fee. Whatever small chance we might have, Limerick haven't a hope
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

It's TV3, bloggs. must be no-one told 'em about the situation in Limerick.
joe bloggs wrote:If RTE are going to show that glorified challenge match they don't deserve a license fee. Whatever small chance we might have, Limerick haven't a hope
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:It's TV3, bloggs. must be no-one told 'em about the situation in Limerick.
joe bloggs wrote:If RTE are going to show that glorified challenge match they don't deserve a license fee. Whatever small chance we might have, Limerick haven't a hope
Whether it's TV3 or RTE I don't think it should be televised at all! As joe bloggs said,whatever small chance we might have Limerick have no chance again the Rebels! At least there would be a chance to see a bit of competitive hurling between ourselves and Galway.

Georgio1
All Star

Post by Georgio1 »

"At least there would be a chance to see a bit of competitive hurling between ourselves and Galway."

Yes and another novel idea for Offaly "fans", maybe some people could travel and watch the game live, who gives a toss about whether its on telly?
Get out and support the team ye lousers. (Dont give me the crap about not being able to get to it, tis championship in Croker, we always used to be able to get there)

Efan
Senior

Post by Efan »

My understanding as to why we are playing in Croke Park in a double header and not on TV is as follows.

TV3 baulked at the idea of showing Cork Limerick (traditionally both Munster semi’s are live). It will probably be a turkey shoot and the audience share would go to pieces as the game went on. As a solution they decided instead to show KK Dublin. Our game got bounced from Nolan Park on Saturday evening to Croker on Sunday to fill the bill and try to get a few more bums on seats. I don’t blame TV3 for wanting to show a more competitive game but I cannot understand why it has to be a double header in Croke Park. I suppose you could say we have ended up playing Galway in Croke Park because the Limerick hurlers are on strike!!

Incidentally the other live game on RTE on Sunday is Down Tyrone.

We should try and guess the attendance for Sunday in hear quarters, I reckon 29k max ……. and by the time our game finishes I’d say “Smokey” will be the only boy left outside the pitch area shivering in his Offaly jersey behind the Canal End goals. Sheer lunacy playing these games there IMHO.
Efan :)

Efan
Senior

Post by Efan »

Sorry ... Cork Limerick is on TV .... turkey shoot ahoy ... still think its lunacy for us to end up in Croke Park.
Efan :)