Meath v Laois in Tullamore

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Georgio1
All Star

Meath v Laois in Tullamore

Post by Georgio1 »

I see the replay is fixed for Saturday evening in Tullamore. Will be a big occasion and should be a full house, will tip in to see it myself. Fancy Laois to come through but should be tight again.

leinsterman
All Star

Re: Meath v Laois in Tullamore

Post by leinsterman »

Fair play to laois they showed more bottle than offaly again meath and i think they will take them in tullamore
they play well in tullamore.

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

leinsterman wrote:Fair play to laois they showed more bottle than offaly again meath and i think they will take them in tullamore
They didn't play too well against Kildare in Tullamore last year!

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

Offaly2010 wrote:
leinsterman wrote:Fair play to laois they showed more bottle than offaly again meath and i think they will take them in tullamore
i know that but its 2010 now not 2009, laois are no great shakes but they didn't lie down like offaly did again meath thats all i am saying.

Offaly2010
All Star

Post by Offaly2010 »

Yeah I know they didn't lie down like Offaly and fair play to them they showed great heart and determination to come back and get a draw on Sunday. I might tip over on Saturday evening to see the game..should be another good game!

Offaly2010
All Star

Post by Offaly2010 »

Didn't bother going over after,watced it on rte.ie,very poor performance from Laois after beeing so good last Sunday.
Final Score:
Meath 2-14 - 0-10 Laois

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

leinsterman wrote:
Offaly2010 wrote:
i know that but its 2010 now not 2009, laois are no great shakes but they didn't lie down like offaly did again meath thats all i am saying.

Bollox, excuse the french, Offaly did not lie down against Meath. And ultimately Laois lost by the same margin. On what has been seen so far, Meath are a far stronger outfit than Dublin and must be favourites for Leinster. Maybe some supposed Offaly supporters will take some perspective from that.
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

GOOFY
County player

Post by GOOFY »

Thats some analysis leinsterman " lie down" me arse, as if the hurlers never got hammered :evil:
First ball is when you make your mark

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

GOOFY wrote:Thats some analysis leinsterman " lie down" me arse, as if the hurlers never got hammered :evil:
not bye meath they didn't and what it got to do with the offaly hurlers, if you can't see that offaly were bad again meath
you shouldn't go to game's. or the rubbish the players have been going on with over mangers the last few years.

getting rid of richie connor kildare last year in portlaoise ring any bell's , look this is not a offaly football hurling thing your trying to make it into
offaly were bad again meath this year ok.

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

the bare biffo wrote:

Bollox, excuse the french, Offaly did not lie down against Meath. And ultimately Laois lost by the same margin. On what has been seen so far, Meath are a far stronger outfit than Dublin and must be favourites for Leinster. Maybe some supposed Offaly supporters will take some perspective from that.[/quote]

Maybe after todays demplition of Dublin, there will be some realistic perspective on Offaly's performance against Meath.
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

the bare biffo wrote:Maybe after todays demplition of Dublin, there will be some realistic perspective on Offaly's performance against Meath.
Exactly.
Makes the antics of certain delegates at the recent County Board meeting look all the more ridiculous. This Meath team could, emphasise could, win an All-Ireland yet.
Also the Jackeens didn't have to contend with having a man sent off or missing 21 yard frees.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Meath have some seriously talented players as we saw in Portlaoise.
Their 8-15 would be the equal of any All Ireland winners in recent years.
They don't yet have a reliable defence.

GOOFY
County player

Post by GOOFY »

Yes leinsterman we were bad against meath because we dont have enough footballers, but you didnt say that, you said they lay down against meath -they didnt, we just werent good enough.
First ball is when you make your mark