Offaly SFC Round 2

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Offaly SFC Round 2

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Lone Shark wrote: Ferbane: Declan Nugent; Paddy Moore, Eddie Lowry, Liam Browne; John Mollen, Gary Rigney, Gerry Grehan (0-2); Ciarán McManus, Colin Egan; Ciarán Kenny (1-3), Declan Killian, David Lowry (0-1, '45); Ronan Daly (0-2), Aidan Keenaghan (0-2), Paddy Connolly (0-3, 0-1 free).
Very strange to see a Ferbane line up and not a Grennan in sight!
How much ball would Colin Egan cetch on the inter-county stage?

offalyman08
All Star

Post by offalyman08 »

he broke a bone his hand

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Bord na Mona man wrote: How much ball would Colin Egan cetch on the inter-county stage?
I'd have huge time for Colin and not just because he's my own club, but because he is a great competitor and would certainly have intercounty potential - however I think that he'll always find it tough to compete with lads like Brian Connor as long as he tries to keep football and hurling going together. Given a level playing field I'd say Colin could certainly make a place his own as he can catch ball quite well, but I don't know if that will ever happen.

Stats wise it was actually Ciarán McManus (first year out of minor) who did more of the catching on Saturday - he certainly got the better of Paul Minnock in a big way. Ciarán would be very raw and his usage of the ball needs work but I'd say he has more "Grennan" in him than Colin in that sense.

As far as I'm aware Colin is off to America for the summer anyway - he was staying around for the under 21 hurling but we all know how that ended. :(
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Georgio1
All Star

Post by Georgio1 »

No disrespect to Shane and I hope he recovers quickly, but tis the only way he will be off the Offaly team. Seriously overrated footballer, and Cribben will be forced to look at other prospects. Really has not matured over the years, and his lack of pace at Inter county level has cost him in many a game.
I would also say that its unlikely Nialler will be fit enough to play against Clare. He was carrying the leg big time yesterday against Ballycumber.

Monday Manager
Junior C

Post by Monday Manager »

Thereorthereabouts wrote:Are rumours true that Shane Sullivan broke his arm in the pre match warm up yesterday? Heard it going round O Connor Park yesterday..
As far as I know it was a finger not his arm.