23rd May 2010 - The death of Gaelic football!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hocker
All Star

23rd May 2010 - The death of Gaelic football!

Post by Hocker »

I'll never go and watch another game of gaelic football if the Gaa big wigs do not do something to undo the shite that they have reduced this wonderful game to. What happened today in Portlaoise was an aboslute joke and should never be allowed happen again - The referee wasn't at fault for Offaly losing cos they are awful bad but from a nutural's perspective he was brutal for both sides.
Pat Spillane said at full time that supporters will vote with their feet in the summer if this tripe continues and you know they will do too....

On the plus side i had 50Euro on Meath (-4) @ 11/8 with PaddyPower, twas the bet of the weekend!! :mrgreen:

Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Re: 23rd May 2010 - The death of Gaelic football!

Post by Archangel »

What's going to happen locally when the Football Championships start in the next few days :?:

The handpass and sideline rules will cause some serious problems I predict.
The state of football is bad enough without this added mess. :roll:
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

manfromdelmonte
All Star

Re: 23rd May 2010 - The death of Gaelic football!

Post by manfromdelmonte »

its an attempt to make football more watchable for spectators. but that just doesn't work when you go tampering with the basic rules of the game.

like FIFA have done with soccer. take as much physical contact out of it for the tv audience. has rewarded diving and feigning injury
Rugby have also tried it. get teams scoring more tries. though what has happened is teams constantly kicking the ball away
only the best...