OFFaly Under 21s Hurl Carlow in challenge match

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
leinsterman
All Star

OFFaly Under 21s Hurl Carlow in challenge match

Post by leinsterman »

OFFaly are playing carlow tonight at 8 o'clock in Gracefield i suppose its half way for carlow might tip over to watch them.
see how they get on before they go into the lions den in nowlan park and play the cat's.

leinsterman
All Star

Re: OFFaly Under 21s Hurl Carlow in challenge match

Post by leinsterman »

Offaly 3-15 to Carlow's 2-7 i think, there was no score board keeping the score and no umpires either thats what Tony Carroll the ref said it was.
offaly were missing a few tonight it was hard to know some of them with the head gear on.

The best in the backs was Barry Harding and Chris Guinan untill he pulled a hamstring and full back Sean Coughlan in midfield Gary Connelly and Wynne done well
up front Brian Longeran and Thomas Carroll done most of the scoring with a lot of subs coming in for offaly during the game.

Last word goes to Thomas Carroll he was outstanding to night scored about 1-5 i think but he was the best player on the field to night offaly have a fine young hurler
on their hands in Carroll if they bring him on right and Carroll himself keeps at it he has it to be a top forward for offaly for year's to come.

Carlow had some fine players as well their centre field and half back line were the best lines on the field for them.

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

sounds like a good game. didnt realise stephen wynne was underage. is mark egan? i know we ve 9 u21s on the senior panel for saturday evening v laois. dont know how many played last night but i d say we ll have at least 6 of them in the running for game time, with 4 looking to start. what was the rest of the offaly team?

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Is there many off the senior panel eligible to play u21

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

old yellar wrote:sounds like a good game. didnt realise stephen wynne was underage. is mark egan? i know we ve 9 u21s on the senior panel for saturday evening v laois. dont know how many played last night but i d say we ll have at least 6 of them in the running for game time, with 4 looking to start. what was the rest of the offaly team?
Offaly hadn't got Daniel Currams , Eanna Murphy, Derek Morkan ,James mulrooney, the match was on five minutes when i got in so didn't know
some of the players that were playing. don't think any of the lads hurling saturday night again laois played i could be wrong on that

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

was James dempsey playing?

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

allstar2010 wrote:was James dempsey playing?
No Joe Connors from clareen was in the goal.