Football panel updates

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Football panel updates

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Thomas Deehan unlikely to come back.
Niall Smith and Rory Connor off the panel.

The Coughlan brothers are set to make the switch.

True Red
All Star

Re: Football panel updates

Post by True Red »

any reason why these lads are not coming back?

Smith and Deehan are a definite losses as both would have been nailed on to start come championship time.

Rory Connor is unproven at this level but he would be worth having a look at to see how he competes in a senior inter county environment.

nothing positive when you see lads of that calibre pulling out in february?
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

Bord na Mona man
All Star

My impression is that the Smith one had been bubbling for a while.
Whether this was a fall out from getting sanctioned last year?
I'm sure someone can fill in the blanks.

Thomas Deehan wouldn't be the most motivated of players, so it isn't a surprise.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

I'm sure we are all sick to the back teeth of hearing about Tom, Dick and Harry not being happy or about rows here, lads drinking there. Eastenders would not be as eventful. As least Tom Cribben is weeding out the messers before the year properly kicks in, we don't want this popping up 2 or 3 weeks before the Meath game in May. I was talking to a gracefield pal a couple of week ago who hinted strongly than Smith was about to walk the plank so it was no surprise to hear about him this morning and the dogs in the street have being saying that Deehan has no interest, fair enough if they won't commit good luck to them, there is no point in flogging a dead horse with guys that have no interest in wearing the Jersey.Let's forget about these fellas, get behind management and move on to try and make Offaly competitive for 2010.

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

black and red exile wrote:I'm sure we are all sick to the back teeth of hearing about Tom, Dick and Harry not being happy or about rows here, lads drinking there. Eastenders would not be as eventful. As least Tom Cribben is weeding out the messers before the year properly kicks in, we don't want this popping up 2 or 3 weeks before the Meath game in May. I was talking to a gracefield pal a couple of week ago who hinted strongly than Smith was about to walk the plank so it was no surprise to hear about him this morning and the dogs in the street have being saying that Deehan has no interest, fair enough if they won't commit good luck to them, there is no point in flogging a dead horse with guys that have no interest in wearing the Jersey.Let's forget about these fellas, get behind management and move on to try and make Offaly competitive for 2010.
well said .i would rather have a lad who is commited than a lad who is only in it for his own gain and image .its not surprising that its the same couple of lads names that keep coming up the past couple of years .im sick of them, let them on ,there is plenty of other lads who WANT to play for their county .
great history hoping for a better future

Bord na Mona man
All Star

PJ Ward off the panel now apparently.

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Will we be able to field a team at all, what the f**k is going on with Cribben and his selectors, you could pick a good team from players that have either left the panel or were thrown out?
Be careful out their