Match Programmes

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
seamroga
Senior

Match Programmes

Post by seamroga »

I've the height of respect for Rhode football but christ it's terrible they can't get their players to wear the proper jerseys in senior football championship matches. I was in Mucklagh for their first round game against Ferbane and they didn't submit a team at all! Tonight in the quarter-final really took the biscuit with half the team in the wrong jerseys. It's lucky the players are well known but after giving ten euro to get in the most you expect is a proper team sheet for another fifty cent. The County Board should either give out the programmes for free or stop doing them at all and point the finger of blame at the likes of Rhode. I don't want criticise just Rhode because other clubs are nearly as bad but a lot of people admire them for their proud football history and they should set a better example. Phew, that's off my chest now.

OffalyManAway
Senior

Post by OffalyManAway »

and the result was ???????????????

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Rhode won 3-8 to 2-6.

As far as I'm aware the county board was laying down the fines for that this year. Usually that sorts things out if it is the case.

Anyway, I don't see what the problem is - just name everyone from 1-30, and give them the right jersey - no-one cares if it's 16-30 that line out on the day - indeed that's usually the way. Just submit the panel and numbers, and that'll do - you're still not giving anything away if you don't want to.

Generally clubs are good though. Brigid's had Michael Casey wearing 25 instead of 20 at the weekend, but as a rule most counties are spot on.