Weak group in next years senior championship 2006.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hocker
All Star

Weak group in next years senior championship 2006.

Post by Hocker »

Ok, now i know its a bit early to be talkin bout it, but next years pairing in the 'Weak group' or group 3 of the senior championship is a mouth watering prospect to say the very least... thats assuming the county board retain the current championship format.
I mean its gonna be a west offaly championship of its own,

Doon
Shannonbridge
Ferbane

Pullough
Rynaghs/Tubber most likely

Its a group where anyone can beat anyone... and i mean anyone can beat anyone. Surely the riot police must be organised particularly when the bridge play doon, and when the bridge play pullough, not to mention Rynaghs v Ferbane.... If past encounters are to go by...
Remember the Minor B football championship of 1997, Shannonbridge V erin Rovers in ferbane??? a 60 man melee under the stand??? Remember it? I do, was playin wing forward for the bridge that day, was one of only 4 players not involved in the fracas.

Mouth watering prospect indeed!!
entertainment guaranteed.
:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Weak group in next years senior championship 2006.

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Hocker wrote:I do, was playin wing forward for the bridge that day, was one of only 4 players not involved in the fracas.
Sure you should have got stuck in! :twisted:

stupid like a fox
Junior A

hocker...

Post by stupid like a fox »

Ah Hocker I see that you are no longer happy to inflict your own brand rachra torture on the hogan stand, your now going after the purists too.
anyway here's my 2 cents.

Hocker you oaf, your glorification of the violence in football is sickening. You drag your clubs name through the mire when you reminisce about “melee’s” and riots like they were something to be proud of, are you for real? Seems to me you’d be better suited to commentating on the WWE wrestling and leave the gaa to people who have a clue.

You are right about one thing however the “weak group” will be very interesting next year lets hope it’s remembered for football reasons and not how many riot police showed up to spray hocker with their water cannon.

ballymanabroad
All Star

Post by ballymanabroad »

I remember that night. We lost to Cloghan, our only defeat in two years playing minor.

I was at a match the next night and I ran into the Shannonbridge player who lost his front teeth in the fight and I heard that all the 'bridge players spent ages on their hands and knees around midfield searching for the elusive teeth. As I remember it they were found and preserved in milk.

Later that night the Pollagh and 'bridge lads were chatting together in the Bridge House. No hard feelings then.
It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe - Muhammad Ali