Robots

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Loughers
All Star

Loughers

Post by Loughers »

Unlike my friend from south Offaly, I appreciate artificial life forms. Best one has to be Mr. Data.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

Point of Order Mr./Madam Chairman/Chairperson. Data is an android. That's an entirely different fella to a Robot.

Treasurer
All Star

Robots

Post by Treasurer »

C3PO and R2D2 I remember, the rest mean nothing to me. Perhaps I was playing with my Sindy dolls at the time they were on!

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

C'Mon Treasurer. Think a little. If you remember C3PO and R2D2 you'd have to remember the others :)

The Ceylons were in 'Battlestar Galactica', now running a new version on Sky One. Yer man Face from the A-Team was in it as well.

The Daleks were Upside Down wheelie bins that had arms like Bag Pipes Chanters sticking out of them. The were the main baddie in Doctor Who. (They weren't really scarey though, Turks being a big girl's blouse about them).

Tweekie, with the annoying speech pattern of saying 'Meeby Meeby' before everything was a little golden fella off of Buck Rogers. He was verrry Gay looking.

Savage lads, the lot of them :)

The Biff
All Star

Warning

Post by The Biff »

Warning! Warning! Aliens approaching! Danger Will Robinson!

Treasurer
All Star

Will Robinson

Post by Treasurer »

Now that one I DO remember - Lost in Space, right? Crikey, how long ago is that?????

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Also, any well prepared ex boy-scout would have those items hidden away in case of Dalek induced crises.
Now i understand why the townies' "pink troop" mocked me for having a penknife and not mascara and handbags.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

Go away outta that. Ye soft Canalies only used yer penknifes to clean the dirt from under yer fingernails. Where were ye when the Axes were flying in the great 'Closest to the foot without moving' contest?

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

we were taking on the pullagh troop in the interparish chainsaw balancing event!

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

Question for the Administrators - why does my Avatar keep disappearing from my posts after a few days? I took the option to upload a local picture to my profile. It seems to work for a couple of days, but then it stops and all I get under my name is an empty box with a small red X.

Go on, tell me I did something wrong. I can still see BnMm's robots. Did the Daleks attack my Puckin Presley?

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

http://www.uibhfhaili.com/phpBB2/viewto ... 0adb4df725

Interesting reference to automata here in the above link from AZ

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

There's the Smash robots I used to have as my profile pic.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

What a class thread this was :)

I still think you gave the Ceylons a hard time, while overestimating the Dalek's wildly.

What about them Droids in Star Wars II. They'd be hard bastards. And there's millions of them.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Who would win a tag team match between John Hoyne and a Dalek v Cha Fitzpatrick and a cylon?!

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

The Cylons

Twiki from Buck Rogers

The pathetic Daleks