Shannonbridge Dont Like Lone Shark

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
True Red
All Star

Shannonbridge Dont Like Lone Shark

Post by True Red »

See this on the Shannonbridge website.Think it is a response to his preview of this years Club Football championship.

Reply to review by Kevin Egan
Reading Mr Egan's review of Shannonbridge I was taken back to say the least as were all the other Players in the Club. Any Writer is entitled to his opinion and we will take his criticism on board as it Will be used as motivational material for the coming Season.

I presume Kevin is a Footballer himself although I have never heard of him! as only a Footballer could write a review like his one. I hope to meet the Shark on the Terraces but more importantly on the Football field some day.

The Biff
All Star

Re: Shannonbridge Dont Like Lone Shark

Post by The Biff »

Dont mind them Shark. Freedom of the Press is a glorious principle that is probably recognised less around Shannonbridge than would be a sense of humour. :P

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Shannonbridge Dont Like Lone Shark

Post by Bord na Mona man »

True Red wrote:...as it Will be used as motivational material for the coming Season.
It would be 6 or 7 years too late if Shannonbridge did decide to get motivated :P

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

The ironic thing about this is that the writer of that piece actually went to school with me, and didn't even consider that the Kevin Egan writing it could be the one he knew.

Needless to say contact was made, and no ill will remains - at least between us, though I've no doubt that there are several souls lurking in the dark corners of Lukers, Maisies or Killeens who would question my motivation.

To be fair the guy who wrote the response is an exemplary club footballer in terms of dedication - fringe player on the team generally, though was a regular this year, and made the trek down for training twice a week from Dublin. Sadly his attitude is not replicated throughout the club, hence a team with a lot of talent is languishing in the way that they are.

The silly thing about it is that plenty within the club think that they are genuine Dowling contenders on any given year, and yet they linger in group C not troubling any significant clubs, and get offended when someone says they underachieved. No doubt they'd have been much happier if I said that two wins in a bad group C last year was a fair reflection on their abilities. :roll: