Junior C Football

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
gunnerman
Junior A

Junior C Football

Post by gunnerman »

How is this Championship going now? An earlier topic mentioned 3 way playoff's and the likes. Who is Left?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Junior C Football

Post by Lone Shark »

Final is provisionally down for Saturday week between ourselves and Tubber. I'm guessing Clara were missing a few lads at the weekend, they weren't as strong as their group results suggested that they would be at all. Tubber won the group game against us, but I'd be hopeful that we might have improved things a little since then - though I'm sure they're saying the same.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Georgio1
All Star

Post by Georgio1 »

Best of Luck in the final Lone Shark! Know a few of yer lads well and would love to see ye pick up the cup.Would be a fair night of celebration with the Bull leading the Green Fields.
Ye have gotten stronger as ye have gone on and I would expect a Ferbane win having seen both teams.

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Georgio1 wrote:Best of Luck in the final Lone Shark! Know a few of yer lads well and would love to see ye pick up the cup.Would be a fair night of celebration with the Bull leading the Green Fields.
Ye have gotten stronger as ye have gone on and I would expect a Ferbane win having seen both teams.
Tonight will be our FIFTH training session of the year, sure you'd have to be improving with a work ethic like that.... :lol:

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Lone Shark wrote:
Georgio1 wrote:Best of Luck in the final Lone Shark! Know a few of yer lads well and would love to see ye pick up the cup.Would be a fair night of celebration with the Bull leading the Green Fields.
Tonight will be our FIFTH training session of the year, sure you'd have to be improving with a work ethic like that.... :lol:
You'd want to contact Dessie Farrell and the GPA if that torturous routine continues!

beirut
All Star

Post by beirut »

...and some of the boys are off the beer since Tuesday... :) good luck in the match LS, should be a good game as both teams are pretty evenly matched.

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

beirut wrote:...and some of the boys are off the beer since Tuesday...
You could see it in a few of them last night all right, there was a fair degree of the DT's going on....

TheManFromFerbane
All Star

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Tis in Ballycumber at 4 isn't it??
The night is darkest before the dawn

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

It is indeed. Come one, come all..... :D

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

is david kenny playing with ferbane? he was an excellent schools footballer.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

He plays midfield I gather. He's mentioned here, I think it's on another Junior C football thread which ended sometime in early September.
old yellar wrote:is david kenny playing with ferbane? he was an excellent schools footballer.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

There won't be a cow milked in Ferbane for a week.

Georgio1
All Star

Post by Georgio1 »

Well done to Ferbane. Great to see a bit of silverware back around the Greenfields!

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

any report on the match?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Ferbane 3-9 Tubber 0-11

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Briefly, Ferbane won it, 3-9 to 0-11, having led 3-6 to 0-4 at half time after playing with the wind. George Phibbs’ goal after four minutes put them 1-2 to 0-0 ahead. Two goals in a minute in the 12th and 13th mins from Belmont hurler David Cox made it 3-3 to 0-2. Tubber came a bit more into it after the break but couldn’t get the scores. Tubber got a penalty in stoppage time which was driven wide.

David Kenny was mightly at midfield and Tubber had no answer to the pace of David Cox and Alan Egan in the full forward line. Overall it was a lively, enjoyable match and there was a good pace to it throughout.

It was 13 a side and Ferbane exploited the extra space in the full forward line well. I can see some real merit in having 13-a-side football at all grades, particularly adult grades. Anyone any thoughts on this?

Scorers: Ferbane: David Cox 2-0, Alan Egan 0-6, 4f, George Phibbs 1-0, Dermot Kenny, Brian Keenaghan & Kevin Flynn 0-1 each.
Tubber: Aaron Farrell 0-6, 0-1f, 0-1 ‘45’, Neil Hiney 0-3f, Johnny McGuinness & Pat Doolan 0-1 each.
old yellar wrote:any report on the match?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.