Results 22nd July

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
duboffaly
Junior A

Results 22nd July

Post by duboffaly »

Results last night? Anybody have them?

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Not sure of the exact scores but the results are:

Brigids beat Clara by a point (2:10 to 2:11 - I think)

Shamorcks beat Ferbane by 4 or 5 points

Grafefield sent Doon packing too by 3 points ... and James C was not near his best. If Gracefield took their chances it would have been well over by half time.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I know Shamrocks beat Ferbane 0-14 to 1-6. Beyond that I didn't hear.

:evil: :evil: Midweek Games!!! :evil: :evil:

MF35
Intermediate

Post by MF35 »

Was at the Doon - Gracefield game last night. Game should have been over by half time. It could have easily been a draw by half time too. Kellys miss from Ryans pass was one of the turning points. Doons 2 county men let them down badly. Hunt fumbled and dropped ball and i dont think he had a shot at the posts all evening. Gorman had Jimmy C in his pocket all night. Jimmy C's workrate in the doon jersey this year is not near whats required......even at club level. I could'nt believe that he just stood on the edge of the square all night. As a county player, he needs to be the big player for Doon. Get out the field, get posession and take the defenders on. Going on this years form he will be lucky to be invited back into the Offaly setup next year.

What was the story with the Doon midfielders? I've seen better performances from Junior B players!!

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Id have to agree with that. James was not poor - he was worse than that -Not interested in the game at all.
Looks like a lad that is either getting too much of it or has lost his appetite and needs a rest from it all for a year or so.

Clara Game any one at it ??? - was it any good ?

Ferbane Game - Anyone at it - ditto ???

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Id have to agree with that. James was not poor - he was worse than that -Not interested in the game at all.
Looks like a lad that is either getting too much of it or has lost his appetite and needs a rest from it all for a year or so.

Clara Game any one at it ??? - was it any good ?

Ferbane Game - Anyone at it - ditto ???

Mighty Pair O' Hands
All Star

tubberVSt. Rynaghs

Post by Mighty Pair O' Hands »

Was at the Tubber Rynaghs game in intermediate - final score 1-3 to 6 points. Very poor shooting and both teams will need to improve if they are going to go up to Senior next year. Replay now to see who tops the group and extra game may bring on both teams.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Croghan 2-9 Clara 2-8
Ballyfore 1-8 Walsh Island 0-8or 9
Clonbullogue 0-7 Daingean 0-6- Daingean out
Tubber 1-3 St Rynaghs 0-6 - to meet again
Rhode beat Tullamore by 6 points - Tullamore out

Bogman
All Star

Post by Bogman »

I was at the Clonbullogue - Daingean match which finished 0-7 to 0-6 for Clonbullogue.

Daingean needed to win. The draw would have been enough for Clonbullogue.

The game was actually quite entertaining despite the low score. Enda Quirke, the Clonbullogue full forward, was instrumental in a number of first half scores which proved valuable (0-5 to 0-3 at half time). I was told that Clonbullogue have lost Willie Crampton and Greg Quinn to long-term cruciate injuries so they had a couple of good youngsters playing including a fifteen-year old sub (Shane Furey?) and a sixteen year old (a Cocoman?).

Daingean have come down from Senior and now failed to qualify for the Intermediate Quarter-Finals.

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Daingean have come down from Senior and now failed to qualify for the Intermediate Quarter-Finals.
Yep and the slide down from senior was not exactly dramatic. It's been a long slow painful experience for such a once great club. Hopefully they will hang in there till the good days return.

Can Cloghan come up from Intermediate?

I think that Ballyfore are worth throwing a tenner on.

Tubber are a bit too up and down while Cloghan are something similar.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

For Offaly's sake I'd like to see Tubber come up - they seem to have the greatest concentration of good underage players in the county of all the intermediate teams, and it would be great for all of them to be playing senior rather than intermediate.

In terms of likelihood, I'd agree though that Ballyfore are probably marginal favourites. I wouldn't be close enough to home to price it confidently, but I'd have them marginally ahead of Rynagh's, Tubber in third. Clonbullogue came closest last year, but for some reason I just don't see them making the jump. No real reason though.

Trib
Junior B

Post by Trib »

Was at the clara v brigid's game. In a nutshell Clara threw it away. They had by far the more posession in the first half but did nothing with it and paid the price. Brigid's had two really ood periods either side of half time and that won the game for them. Clara will have to stop relying on John Reynolds so much if they want to go anywhere. Brigid's still look like the form though. If they turn it on they could put it up to the big guns in the next rounds.