Brosna Gaels

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Brosna Gaels

Post by Lone Shark »

Different strokes for different folks, I guess it might have been nice to have something different to focus on other than the bereavement. Obviously only Michael knows for himself, but you can see the appeal in going back to something familiar.

BG will still have to beat Birr to go senior, it won't be as simple as just getting this far. Technically if they lose, then Ballyskenach don't have to drop down - though you'd have to presume that they'd want to after the year they've just had. It would be a bit of an awkward championship with eleven teams, but it might be no harm - could possibly even drop to ten next year and that would be the right number.

That said I'll be at the final and cheering on the Gaels - busy time for Doon and Pullough right now, and I'd say the fixtures committee are jumping for joy at the prospect of another dual team in the SHC next year.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

Exactly what clubs form Brosna Gaels?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

It's Ballycumber parish to the best of my knowledge - Doon, Ballycumber and Erin Rovers. I think theoretically Tubber is part of it as well, but I'm not sure since I don't know of any Tubber lads that hurl on the team.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Extra time wrote:does offaly have a intermediate hurling team that takes part in the all ireland series?
Unfortunitly not. We had a team about 15 years ago, although that may have been a junior team??
Didn't make it to any games this weekend........but well done to Brosna Gaels indeed, they were great again by all accounts. I haven't seen them play this year, any idea if they could compete in senior or would relegation be inevitable??
As for Shamrocks.....what happened in that 2nd half :shock: I really thought they could get over Rhode.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I remember at the turn of the decade Offaly fielded in the All Ireland Intermediate hurling championship.
The players didn't have to be from Intermediate clubs though.
So long as they weren't playing senior inter county they were eligible.

the rat
All Star

Post by the rat »

Brosna Gaels are Ballycumber/Doon/Erin Rovers/Tubber. Bernard Allen is the only tubber lad on the panel.