Offaly SFC Semi-Final Draw

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
naasmanxrhode
All Star

Offaly SFC Semi-Final Draw

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Rhode v Shamrocks
Clara v Ferbane/Eirn Rovers
Be careful out their

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Semi Final Draw

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Looks like being a Rhode vs. Clara final :P

GOOFY
County player

Post by GOOFY »

Or a Shamrocks/Ferbane final :)
First ball is when you make your mark

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

GOOFY wrote:Or a Shamrocks/Ferbane final :)
I didn't know there was some sort of shield competition for knocked out teams?

turk
All Star

Re: Offaly SFC Semi-Final Draw

Post by turk »

Clara won't be happy with this draw at all.

summerbreeze
Junior B

Post by summerbreeze »

Either will shamrocks.
Wasn't very impressed with them last night, and don't think rhode will be shaking in their boots any time soon. I think the final score greatly flatters shamrocks, and more reflects a tubber side who litterally fell apart before the eyes, as opposed to a great shamrocks display.

Anyone any views on the Erin Rovers - Ferbane replay? Any thoughts on how it will go, or what factors will swing it either way.

Toby
Junior C

Post by Toby »

I dont think anyone will keep it kicked out to Rhode at this stage. I think its a foregone conclusion that they will win the champ. I hope they dont peak too soon before their leinster campaign tho.

I heard they were hugely impressive in recent challenge games and what they did to poor shannonbridge just shows their intent.

As for the other semi. Clara should progress easily enough whicjever they meet. Should be Ferbane as they have better players but rovers are very determined and wont make it easy for them

Rhode/Clara final. Rhode to win comfortably.

red exile
County player
Club: edenderry

Post by red exile »

just wondering about the dates that the semi finals will be on, a double header in connor park would be mouth-watering

bluegoalie
Junior B

Post by bluegoalie »

i fancy Erin Rovers for the replay, was at the first game it was an enjoyable game to watch some great flowing play by the rovers in the first half, some of there older players ran out of steam in the second half.

Lowerys free taking for Ferbane was top notch, strikes the ball very well. But ferbane seem to be a bit of a one trick pony-all kick outs directed to grennan, and then a high ball into the full forward line. I think if Rovers move Richie Fox back to full back and move Kevin lynam to wing back they would be a much stronger side. Cuskelly and Lynam would run Ferbane ragged from there, Ferbane found it almost near impossible to stop cuskelly when he had possession. The highly rated Alan Lynam had another off day thats 2 in a row now so he'l be well up for the replay.

I taught Eddie Dunne was septic at this game, got it into his head that he was going to blow every time a player moved slightly from the awarded free position and never played advantage, the only thing about his performance was the fact that he was consistent with these decisions punishing both sides!!!

As for the semi's i hope Shamrocks put it up to Rhode like they did in the group, and on the other side Clara wont want to meet the rovers again after all there taunting and jeering in the first round about rovers for relegation!!!!

40 years since the Pullough Men made the final against Rhode, could history be about to repeat itself...... :lol:

Veteran
Junior C

Post by Veteran »

bluegoalie wrote:Clara wont want to meet the rovers again after all there taunting and jeering in the first round about rovers for relegation!!!!
Not sure about this one - have the mind games started already????????????

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Veteran wrote:
bluegoalie wrote:Clara wont want to meet the rovers again after all there taunting and jeering in the first round about rovers for relegation!!!!
Not sure about this one - have the mind games started already????????????
By the sounds of things they started back in July.....

Still, we all know this one is Clara's to lose. Most of the town must have booked the Monday after the county final off work by now surely?
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

ironmike
Junior C

Post by ironmike »

I fancy Shamrocks myself this year, Tullamore was the team that they just could not get past. With Rhode sights on Leinster, Shamrocks could take them while they are off guard, they have a good team. Where will i get good odds on them