Was anyone at the hurling game on Saturday?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Kevin
All Star

Was anyone at the hurling game on Saturday?

Post by Kevin »

We just got by.

I know there was only minimal incentive in this one, but a competitive game with Dublin?

Bring on next year.

Treasurer
All Star

Dublin game

Post by Treasurer »

Gave us a bit of a fright alright, letting a ten point lead slip like that. Having said that, it showed a bit of character to dig deep during injury time and score the two points that won the match - Hanrahan's point was particularly well taken.

Loughers
All Star

Antrim

Post by Loughers »

Will we beat Antrim? Surely, as we finished 3rd in our group, we should get home advantage. I presume we won't though. I'd just like this intercounty hurling year to end in 2 weeks time. :wink:

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Not sure about the home advantage here - you'd like to think, but I wouldn't presume anything.

Even so, if the lads are even 70% right that should be enough to take Antrim. They are arguably the weakest team now, even more so than Dublin.

Bogman
All Star

Close one alright!

Post by Bogman »

It was good to squeeze out a close one! I thought both points were well taken: Damien Murray had his route to goal blocked, checked back and drove it over from a narrow angle near the end line. Hanrahan came out well, caught the ball and put it over the bar very smartly.

Interesting to see McIntyre take off Oakley after the two goals coming from high balls and put on Joe Brady in his place!

A pity to see Stephen Brown pull up with the hamstring! That happened to him in the League also. He had set up Cordial for his goal with a pass after a defence-splitting run. He's one of the few Offaly players with a real turn pace so I hope this hamstring isn't a chronic problem.

Why do we do these lapses into second half slumber? Is it lack of size telling as the legs get tired or do we tune out of games? What's the explanation?

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Lads, what's the point of the match against Antrim?
i thought the dublin match was the last match

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

It is a bit needless to be fair. If they just had one relegation game between the bottom teams it would have done the job. As it was that game against Dublin was meaningless.

Of course for the purposes of my bet on Young to be Top Scorer, another game for him is just great. So it cuts both ways. :)

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

so if Offaly lose against Antrim, they're in the proper relegation match then is it?

I read where leix were safe, they're not though are they?

Loughers
All Star

Relegation

Post by Loughers »

Laois aren't safe either. The sloppy journalism, especially from the Indo group, would have made you believe they were. Know your facts you lazy ba5tards (journalists not you turk). :P

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

The whole journalism about this new structure has been abysmal. Not once have i seen a league table for the liam mccarthy cup so you can see who is where (ok, it was easy to work out in the head anyways).

But for the mackey and ring cups, i've no idea who is in what group, how the groups are and who plays who next. i could find this out, but the papers should be telling us this. they haven't done their bit