Féile 2009

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
lusmagh
Junior B

Féile 2009

Post by lusmagh »

With Féile fast approaching and numerous fundraising efforts in place in most clubs, I hope ye don't mind me taking advantage of this site to advertise our own efforts.

We are holding a table quiz on Friday night at 9pm (Irish time no doubt but we'll try to kick off as prompt as possible) in Flynn's of Banagher. The entry fee is €40 for a table of 4 and there will be a cash prize for the winners with loads of spot prizes and so on on the night. The quiz will be general knowledge but with a healthy chunk of sports related puzzlers thrown in. It promises to be a good night and we look forward to seeing anyone who can make it.

Thanks,
Lusmagh GAA

Loughers
All Star

Re: Féile 2009

Post by Loughers »

Féile finals moved from Birr to Tullamore because of the pitch. Very disappointed people here.
Esto Fidelis

Aweflee
Senior

Post by Aweflee »

Loughers wrote:Féile finals moved from Birr to Tullamore because of the pitch. Very disappointed people here.
What's the story with the pitch in there at the moment Loughers?

Loughers
All Star

Post by Loughers »

The Féile organisers said there were too many brown areas on the pitch. There are 101 different stories going around, but imho, they put too much clay on it at the start and there isn't enough drainage. It's going on for years now. I'd say after the 14 hours of continuous rain last night, we might be lucky if there's any matches down there.
Esto Fidelis