Under 21 Club Hurling Championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
faithfulman
Intermediate

Re: Under 21 Club Hurling Championship

Post by faithfulman »

the k/k v st.sarans match on monday is fixed for ballinamere, of all places at 2.30.birr and clareen is also on monday
He is so bad in goal he needs the net in front of him.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

I am led to believe Birr V Clareen is on at 12 in Clareen tomorrow (Monday)
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

midfield
County player

Post by midfield »

clareen bet birr in the q/f . i think the score was 12 points to 1-5

uibhfhailiabu
County player

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

K/K beat St. Saran's in Semi-Final today - 2-11 to 10pts. Very poor game.
Keep The Faith

deedee1
Junior C

Post by deedee1 »

anyone at the u-21 games yesterday? whp played well??will k/k win it??

midfield
County player

Post by midfield »

when is the next round of these games?

uibhfhailiabu
County player

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

deedee1 wrote:anyone at the u-21 games yesterday? whp played well??will k/k win it??
I was at the K/K v St. Saran's game in Ballinamere yesterday. Very poor game in poor weather conditions although the pitch held up well. Although K/K won the game by 2-11 to 10pts, the result could easily have went the other way. Very poor showing by K/K and they will need to improve their performance if they are to beat Clarren or St.Rynaghs. The teams were tied, 1-5 to 0-8 halfway through the 2nd half. K/K then scored 1-5 unanswered in the space of 7/8 mins to kill off the game. For K/K, there was good showings by Killian Leonard and Kevin Coyne in the backline, both Conor Mahon and Chris Guinan in midfield. Daniel Currams was very accurate with placed balls and also scored two good sideline cuts. However K/K's forwards will have to up their performance and contribute more from play the next day. St. Saran's did put up a spirited fight throughout. K/K did give away a lot of silly frees which were easily converted.
midfield wrote:when is the next round of these games?
The semi-final between Clareen and St. Rynagh's is fixed for this weekend, not sure of time or venue.
Keep The Faith

uibhfhailiabu
County player

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

Just seen on official Offaly GAA website that the Clareen/Rynaghs semi final is fixed for Rath this Friday @ 6pm
Keep The Faith

midfield
County player

Post by midfield »

any update on a result of this match?

beirut
All Star

Post by beirut »

Seir Kieran won by 2:10 to 2-07... Rynagh's scored 1-1 in the last 2 minutes... Seir Kieran will win it again this year.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I didn't get to this match, but Clareen are something else. Winning the under 21 last year was astonishing, but if they won it again the year after Joseph Bergin goes overage, that would be unbelieveable. I presume Sean Coughlan is the leader of the side, Eanna Murphy too with the likes of Colm Coughlan, Brian Dunne, Brian Mulrooney, Christopher Connors not far behind.

I think they'll be the team to eventually stop Birr - in a few years time after Birr do about eight in a row.
beirut wrote:Seir Kieran won by 2:10 to 2-07... Rynagh's scored 1-1 in the last 2 minutes... Seir Kieran will win it again this year.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

offalylad33
Junior C

Post by offalylad33 »

Anyone got any idea of where and when this final is on? I wouldn't mind goining to see it?

uibhfhailiabu
County player

Post by uibhfhailiabu »

The final is on Tuesday 5th May.. Not sure of time/venue yet. Id say it'll probably be Kinnitty or Rath.
Keep The Faith

sammythesnake
Junior B

Post by sammythesnake »

Having the u-21 final on a tuesday is hardly very fair on these clubs who will surely have a good few lads in college and are probably doing exams at that time of year,what if some1 has an exam on the tuesday?? or if some1 has an exam on the wednesday?? eanna murphy is the only 1 from clareen u-21 team on the senior panel and k/k hav gorman,currams and mahon-murphy hasnt started any league game,either has gorman,mahon was a sub against antrim and currams was brutal so i dont see any reason why this final cant be played on the friday or saturday before the league final instead of playing it on the tuesday evening after!! it makes sense!!