Minor footballers on Saturday

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

Well done to all involved. And good luck in the final.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

This is the biggest highlight in Offaly football in a LONG time, I was so happy leaving Mullingar. The lads went out and played like a TEAM, it was excellent to watch, support play from the backs to the forwards, forwards tackling like backs and everyone scrapping for the dirty ball, and not only that but there were some lovely scores taken. It is exactly like football is supposed to be played and was delighted for everyone connected with the team including the management. Great day for Offaly and thank God because we needed it badly!

P.S. was delighted to see the spread of players throughout the county and would suggest that this was one of the reasons we won. No disrespect to Rhode or the players in the east of the county in general, but I'm glad a management team has finally realised there are more footballers out west than was previously thought.

Muck Savage
All Star

Great

Post by Muck Savage »

Great to see a win like this.

When is the other semi on?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Aye

Post by Lone Shark »

The other semi is this sunday in Carlow, Laois vs Dublin

I just hope that for the lads sake there is a decisive result this sunday - if there's a draw the Leinster final will be moved from Croke Park - which would be a pity.

Regarding the spread of players, I wouldn't attribute it so much to east vs West, but just giving a good chance to players from clubs that often get missed out. The big example would be the two Rynagh's lads - both fine hurlers, but also two of the best performers on Saturday. Likewise Kilcormac footballers often don't get considered, though after winning the county U-16 title last year they certainly made people sit up and take notice.

Amazing to see no Tullamore or Clara on it though. Granted Paul Deehan is probably not far off, but even still.