County Championship Odds

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hyper
All Star

County Championship Odds

Post by Hyper »

LS,
What are the odds for this year's county champioship?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Odds

Post by Lone Shark »

I only do consultancy for Powers any more, and I think they've pulled doing all the counties. You might get a price if you ask though - i.e. ring them saying you're looking for a bet, and they'll ring me.

Assuming it is the football you're looking for, I'd say it'd be along the lines of:

1/1 Rhode
4/1 Clara
7/1 Tullamore
10/1 Shamrocks
10/1 Ballycumber
10/1 St. Brigid's
16/1 Gracefield

And 25/1 or bigger anyone else.

Hurling would be roughly....

4/6 Birr
13/8 Coolderry
16/1 Kilcormac
20/1 Ballyskenach
20/1 St. Rynagh's
33/1 Lusmagh

And probably nigh on 50/1 anyone else.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Thanks for that. Tullamore would have to look good value at 7/1 but Rhode at evens is very skimpy. Would one get 2/1 anywhere about them.
Birr at 4/6 is a little short?

Lone Shark
All Star

Odds

Post by Lone Shark »

Hyper wrote:Rhode at evens is very skimpy. Would one get 2/1 anywhere about them.
If you do, let me know, and I'll get my biggest betting shovel. Realistically I think 50% chance of winning is about right. Shamrocks would have been as good a second favourite as there was, and ye blew them away. Truth be told even at evens they're probably not far off being a bet. Tullamore are a maybe shout, but there's really only themselves and Clara that look like they could beat ye - all other teams would need a miracle.

Hyper wrote:Birr at 4/6 is a little short?
In order for Birr to be short, Coolderry would have to be over priced - you think they're more evenly matched?

Personally I think Birr have looked very good this year, and even though both sides have an equal enough number of county panellists, the Coolderry lads aren't really on form to the same level (look at the lads the question marks are over - Teehan, the Brady's, Murray.....)

Tell you what, the opposite two event price to 4/6 is 11/10. You can have all the 11/10 about the field you want with me if you like......

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

am i to take it thatthe reds are 25/1 for the senior championship so?

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

You can certainly. As it is ye're barely odds on to even reach the knockouts, assuming Ballycumber play at 100%, and there's feck all teams ye'll be favourites against from there on in, particularly as ye'll have to start against a group winner.

As you say, ye could click on a given day, but on three consecutive days?