Joe Brady

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Alan
Junior C

Joe Brady

Post by Alan »

Hi all.

While we all found Saturday evening in Carlow hard to take, i found the most disappointing aspect not to be the football or the hurling, what really annoyed me was the distasteful reception the Offaly supporters gave to Joe Brady when he was being replaced. Did any of the rest of you feel a little embarrased for him.

Alan

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I didn't hear the bad reception for Joe, but it doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately he seems to be the first guy that some of our supporters get on the back of.

The game didn't run for him and Hartley won the majority of possesion that came in.
I had hoped that Joe would make a go of full forward this year, but it doesn't seem like a position he has a future playing in.
I'd still hope that he can develop into a good centre back for us.

Bogman
All Star

Joe Brady

Post by Bogman »

I'm sorry that it didn't work out well for Joe Brady at full forward. I had great hopes for him after he blitzed Kerry and Carlow during the League.
Offaly need a few big, physical ball winners in the forwards.

I didn't hear any reaction when he was taken off but if it happened it was way out of order. He is one of our most wholehearted players and can't be faulted for effort. I'm lost in admiration of his attitude. He is also one of the better club players in the county.

As regards another placing for him in the Offaly team I'm not so sure. Unfortunately the game has speeded up and full forward is one of the few positions where strength, skill, size and bravery can compensate for lack of pace.