Richie Connor set to become new manager

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Richie Connor set to become new manager

Post by Lone Shark »

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I agreed with his tactics, but even seeing some kind of plan at all, even a bad one, is preferable to anything we've got from county managers in recent years.

In fairness to Clive Murphy, I thought he did okay on Casey. It was never going to be a day for long ball into the full forward, so other than when Casey got around him in the first half and Duffy had to make the save on the shot for goal, I thought Murphy did fine. Neither of the WI corner men stood out for me in a defensive sense, though the guy wearing 2 did well pushing forward. A better wing back perhaps.

I agree regarding the third midfielder, but I suppose the logic was that the Connors would do the fielding, he might have been there to fight for breaks. It coulod be just a knacky thing he has - though we didn't see much of it God knows.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

OY13
Intermediate

Post by OY13 »

I tend to agree with you LS, clive murphy did okay on casey but even though he didnt slip him much he still handled an awful lot of ball. I yhink oceans 15 is being a bit harsh on willie mulhall, he was clearly not fit to play and it was only going to be natural for him to want to represent his club in a final fit or otherwise, there is no way he would be taken off if he was fit especially with the bench walsh island had. Overall it was agood win for croghan who deserve to be a senior team.

Oceans 15
County player

Post by Oceans 15 »

OY13 wrote:I tend to agree with you LS, clive murphy did okay on casey but even though he didnt slip him much he still handled an awful lot of ball. I yhink oceans 15 is being a bit harsh on willie mulhall, he was clearly not fit to play and it was only going to be natural for him to want to represent his club in a final fit or otherwise, there is no way he would be taken off if he was fit especially with the bench walsh island had. Overall it was agood win for croghan who deserve to be a senior team.
I wasn't been harsh on Willie I was been harsh on the decision to take him off. When he was taken off any of the forwards could have went at that stage and when he came back on he scored a good pint and was involved a lot. I can't understand how you say Murphy did ok on Casey, Casey beat him to every single ball and mightn't have scored a lot but was involved in almost every score.

Coolestown1562
Senior

Post by Coolestown1562 »

Any truth in the word over the weekend that the county board are meeting tonight and that they will recieve the resignation of Richie Connor?

How would this work if he did. Would the two selectors remain or would they be forced to go aswell?
Contae an Riogh

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Coolsetown, I think the obvious choice would be Ollie Daly in as manager :shock: !!