Senior Semi Finals

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Square Cab
Intermediate

Senior Semi Finals

Post by Square Cab »

Decent game of football last sat evening in O’Connor Park. Gracefield started the liveliest and should really have been two-three points up at half time instead it was Rhode who went in ahead at the interval. Gracefield managed to draw level with them in the second half but then came the Niall Mac show. Set up two goals and kicked a couple of wonderful scores, all of a sudden Gracefield were staring at a nine point hammering. It must be soul destroying to be blown away like that. Gracefield made so many needless mistakes, particularly Smyth at midfield who out fielded Alan Mac but gave away hard won procession too easily. Many of Rhodes big names underperformed and yet again it was Niall to the rescue. If Tullamore manage to close him out they will be well on their way to retaining the dowling cup………the question is…..how do they manage that???

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Re: Senior Semi Finals

Post by Kemo Sabe »

very good win for the town . the backs were brillant and holding ballycumber scoreless from play says it all .the forwards took some very good scores and their link up play was a joy to watch at times .all in all im not surprised with the results of the semis and lets hope we can win our second dowling in two yearsand im sure alot of humble pie will be ate :D .
great history hoping for a better future

Dynamite
Junior A

Post by Dynamite »

God I hate Tullamore. I never thought i'd see the day when I'd be shouting for Rhode in a county final, but here it is!
Clara should have kicked tullamore off the park, and here we are, staring at a possible county title for the town. Putting aside my dislike for the town, (hatred and dislike are obviously only to extreme...it's just rivalry) but putting aside my differences with Tullamore, I think it says alot about the standard of football in the county when a team, already beaten twice this year and very lucky that clara hadn't practiced shooting in 3-4 years, are in a county final. At least we can be optimistic about the county hurlers!

Silken Thomas
All Star

Post by Silken Thomas »

Any chance of a match report there lads?
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

Dynamite wrote:Clara should have kicked tullamore off the park
Maybe they should have but they didnt. I also doubt that Clara could have put the form team and many peoples tip for the cup to the sword as Tullamore did last Sunday. Tullamore have improved they further they have gone, as have Rhode, and this is the sign of a good team. It is all set up for a very interesting final between the two best teams in the county IMO.
"Ohhh mamma!"

Square Cab
Intermediate

Post by Square Cab »

The thing is Bula, Rhode havent improved at all. They've scrapped along just doing enough, relying on Niall Mac to do his thing and on the oppositions inability to drive on and win the game when it was there for the taking (Shannonbridge, Ferbane and Gracefield were all in with a shout of winning their games but couldnt manage it). Tullamore on the other hand have improved considerably and they are the only team (apart from Clara) who would actually head into a final against Rhode thinking they could win it. Having said all that, Dynamite is correct when he stated the standard of football is poor. How many top quality club games have we seen this year? I have been to quiet a few and hand on heart I have yet to see one. Hopefully the final will be unique this year…….i.e it’s a good game! :D

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

listen dynamite the clara game is long over if clara werent a bunch of bottlers maybe you would have a point but the facts are the town took their chances that ye hawks couldnt .and your hopes for the final well they will be like your name and blow up in your face .go on the town .
great history hoping for a better future