Pat Roe steps down

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
SearingDrive
All Star

Re: Pat Roe steps down

Post by SearingDrive »

AZ offaly is correct in saying the players must share some responsibility for the debacle in Tullamore v Down. It made for incredible and sad news in Thurles on Sat. evening. The players had a much publicised strike a few years ago, but have given the supporters nothing back in return.ever year we hear about discontent in the camp, which makes you wonder do players have any pride in that great jersey. You have a great honour in playing for your county, and your family, and your native heath. One time Offaly always competed even when we didn't have the greatest players.
Now players lets see you give it all for the county jersey.
I may be wrong here, but I feel an outsider is best for Offaly. Luke Dempsey looks a possibilty if he wants the job. Whoever gets the job, should be given 3 to 4 years to get us out of the doldrums, perhaps the ultimate aim is to win a leinster title at the end, then we can take it from there.
There is some hope, the minors were denied at the end yesterday, but we have reached 3 finals which is progress.
The old attitude that we can hammer Laois and Westmeath are long over, Leinster has moved on, for the better with more teams coming to the fore.
I may be showing my age here, but I recall all our Leinster titles from 1960 to 1997, plus our 3 All Irelands. I would like to get back as contenders again.

bula bula
All Star

Post by bula bula »

A lot of names are going to be bandied about here and some will definitely appeal more than others. The problem I envisage is who is going to actually want to take up the post. The job is possibly looked upon as a poison chalice now with more negatives to it than positives. I really cant come up with any real contenders from outside the county that will want the job and that is probably a good thing. An Offaly man is definitely the way to go and perhaps we just might get a similiar result to the hurlers with Joe Dooley. Pride and passion back in the jersey and something for the fans to cheer about. Really dont think that is too much to ask for, is it?
"Ohhh mamma!"

Hocker
All Star

Post by Hocker »

Tom Coffey anyone??? :?:
With vinny Claffey as one of the selectors?
i was so disgusted on Saturday evening that myself and 7 of my mates walked off the hill after Down's second goal went in... Straight back Down to the pub to watch the 2nd half of the Cork/Galway hurling match.
I will be honest and declare that I was well sloshed for the 25 odd minutes that i stood in O'Connor park but fuck me it was long enough. Thank god I can remeber fuck all of the match.

MF35
Intermediate

Post by MF35 »

Hey Hocker, no point in asking you how Jason Kelly got on so???

Oceans 15
County player

Post by Oceans 15 »

Sydthebeat wrote:good riddance, let the rebuilding begin as quickly as possible.

How about Mc Manus for manager??????

(just throwing it out there....)
Sydthebeat I like your sense of humour. I'd say your mighty craic on a session !!! Do you mean JP so he can buy us a new team ??