Horan update

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
athlumneyboy
County player

Horan update

Post by athlumneyboy »

Offaly got more good news this morning Horan had a scan and everything is ok Doctor told him to rest for 7 days but he is a tough Rynaghs man and should be ok for Wednesday also was talking to one of my friends he has heard that Leinster Council have agreed to call of u21 match but if Offaly win on Saturday when will it be played.

i think we should play Wednesday as lads are on a high after that super result and will take some beating. Up the Faifthfull

it should a great week ahead and hopefully the fours teams will come out on top.

kerryyounglad
Junior B

Re: Horan update

Post by kerryyounglad »

hopefully we wil have him back!!classy hurler would just as much a loss for the seniors as the u21s hes that good!!!

INOFFALYIBELIEVE
Junior B

Post by INOFFALYIBELIEVE »

There is no way Horan would have been able to play on wed so thank fcvk common sense prevailed, ( still a joke we had to spend all they yesterday trying to get it postponed, only at the 11th hour after seriously heated discussions did they grant us fair play).

Horan will need nothing short of divine intervention to be fit for saturday, on crutches....

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Anyone any update on this? Haven't heard anything from home myself.

brokenman
Junior B

Post by brokenman »

Offaly wing back Diarmuid Horan is almost certainly out of Saturday's other hurling qualifier against Waterford, also in Thurles. The St Rynagh's clubman was carried off with six minutes remaining against Limerick in last Saturday's surprise victory at the Gaelic Grounds.
Horan's injury has been diagnosed as a badly-sprained ankle. James Rigney replaced Horan last weekend and is expected to reclaim a place in the team after starting at midfield against Laois and Kilkenny in the Leinster championship.

From the Times this morning - hop it aint true, he's been outstanding all year

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

He'd be a huge loss to the team, and in an area of the field where we are at our weakest maybe.

Loughers
All Star

Post by Loughers »

Would ye have a straight switch with Rigney or jumble it up a bit more?
Esto Fidelis

brokenman
Junior B

Post by brokenman »

Wouldn't want to mess it up too much after the performance saturday. I'd prefer to leave Hannify midfield cos its the best i've seen him play in a while and i'm not sure would Rigney be able to cope with the physicality of it all. What are the other options? Watkins, Hernon maybe?

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

All in all, I'd like to leave Rory on rick Walsh. A direct swap would be my preferal, don't want to break up the balance of the team that gelled together well last saturday. Watkins wouldn't be afraid on them and should tear into them. Bit of a toss up between him and Rigney.

swiftpost
County player

Post by swiftpost »

Watkins not on senior panel. Rigney would probably get the nod or Hayden could be an outside bet. I wouldnt rule Horan out yet!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Obviously it's far from certain that Horan is out at this stage irrespective of the news that's released, but should he miss the game, my preference would be for the midfield partnership to be left intact. Hanniffy and murphy worked together very well last weekend and I'd have no worries about Rigney at seven - provided he's not left isolated on Dan who'd have the guts of a foot in height on him.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Loughers
All Star

Post by Loughers »

Conor Hanniffy, Rory's brother, is getting married in Sicily this Saturday.
Esto Fidelis

kerryyounglad
Junior B

Post by kerryyounglad »

on horans bebo site he told one of his friends he will be playin !!