Clare Challenge

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
INOFFALYIBELIEVE
Junior B

Clare Challenge

Post by INOFFALYIBELIEVE »

Hurlers beat Clare last night in an aul Challenge Match. Was orignially fixed for Birr but moved to Tullamore. Birr's new pitch must be flooded again!

Didn't make it myself, won by a couple of points,four i think.

Anyone at it?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Clare Challenge

Post by Lone Shark »

There was a scheduling mix up in Birr, hence the game being played in Tullamore.

I stuck my head into this after the county board meeting only to literally hear the final whistle as I got settled, apparently it started at 7.30. I didn't see anything of note, it was very tame stuff for the sixty seconds I say but then it was nearly over with all subs on at that stage. The final result was Offaly 3-16 to Clare 2-17, but whether the match was a puckaround or of any merit I couldn't tell you.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Whatever team Clare put out last night I don't think they would have been killing themselves with the Munster final less than 2 weeks away. The idea of a challenge with the Banner was a good one considering they play with a very similar style to Limerick but the way the scoreline ended up it looked like a case of you score we score, in other words a typical challenge match, still I suppose it beats the normal training routine.

Loughers
All Star

Post by Loughers »

I heard it was 2-10 to 2 points to Clare at one stage. Joe Brady centre forward and Paul Cleary corner back in place of Verney.
Esto Fidelis

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

good to see them get a run out and get win at the sametime .hopefully get the kilkenny game out of the system before the limerick match.
great history hoping for a better future