The Betting Thread.....

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
The Biff
All Star

Haste

Post by The Biff »

So ...... anyone collecting? I'm not a betting man myself, but I do recognise a good tip when I see one, and this was certainly verging on a "Banker". Good man LS and anyone who has managed to make some dosh on the back of yet another episode of FAI folly.

Treasurer
All Star

Tip

Post by Treasurer »

Fair play LS, thanks :D

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Glad to hear a few people got on board. I did a bit of a tour of galway to get enough on myself, and though it wasn't exactly killing-type winnings, I'm a happy man..... :D

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I managed to get a few bob on this during the Cyprus match! :P

juteman
County player

Post by juteman »

Many thanks LS – Money arrived in my account this morning.
JUTEMAN

Offalys Future
All Star

Re: The Betting Thread.....

Post by Offalys Future »

I went with this for weekend might be worth a shot

Offaly
Donegal
Tyrone
Armagh
Meath
Limerick
Wexford
Louth
Waterford

€1 bet all to win = €476!!!!
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "

midfield
County player

Post by midfield »

presume these are all football. what bookie is this with and who are all those teams playing??

Changing tack here but looking towards Cheltenham in the next few weeks anybody have any tips floating around.

midfield
County player

Post by midfield »

from GAA .ie this weeks fixtures.
-- 01.03.08 (Sat) @ 7.00pm --

Allianz National Football League Round 3

Division 1
Portlaoise Laois v Maigh Eo
Referee: Rory Hickey, An Clár
Division 2
Kingspan Breffni An Cabhán v Baile Átha Cliath
Pk Referee: Patrick Fox, Iar Mhí

Round 4

Division 4
Casement Park Aontroim v Uíbh Fhailí
Referee: Martin Higgins, Fear Manach

-- 02.03.08 (Sun) @ 2.30pm Round 3 --

Division 1
Newbridge Cill Dara v Dún na nGall
Referee: Joe McQuillan, An Cabhán
Pearse Stadium Gaillimh v Tír Eoghain
Referee: John Geaney Corcaigh
Killarney Ciarraí v Doire
Referee: Michael Collins, Corcaigh

Division 2
Kiltoom Ros Comáin v Corcaigh
Referee: Eugene Murtagh, An Longfort
Clones Muineachán v Ard Mhacha
Referee: John Bannon, An Longfort
Cusack Park Iar Mhí v An Mhí
Referee: Pat McEnaney, Muineachán

-- 02.03.08 (Sun) @ 2.30pm --

Allianz National Football League

Division 3
Markievicz Park Sligeach v Luimneach
Referee: Derek Fahy, An Longfort
Pearse Park Longfort v Fear Manach
Referee: Padraig Hughes, Ard Mhacha
Wexford Park Loch Garman v An Dún
Referee: Paddy Russell, Tiobraid Árann
Dundalk An Lú v Liatroim
Referee: Jimmy McKee, Ard Mhacha

Round 4

Division 4
Ardfinnan 1.00pm: Tiobraid Árann v Londain
Referee: Eddie Kinsella, Laois
Dungarvan Port Láirge v An Clár
Referee: Martin Collins, Corcaigh
Aughrim Cill Mhantáin v Cill Chainnigh
Referee: Sean Carroll, Iar Mhí
Ceatharlach v Bye

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

3 out of 9! not very good!
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "

emulcahy
Junior C

Post by emulcahy »

Lads ye heard it here first. Put money on offaly to the double in leinster in the 21s. Hope it goes towards paying off yer internet bills!

midfield
County player

Post by midfield »

Lads Birr in the club All ireland at 3/1 is definately worth a tenner.

Wing Back
County player
Club: Coolderry

Post by Wing Back »

Lone Shark is there any way we could get this thread going again? Wasn't on board on the forum at the time but impressed with the detail you went into to be honest. I remember many of the matches used throughout the thread. Some very shrewd info and research put into it in fairness. Would be good to have an outlet to post for anything that people spot of interest or just generally for a couple accumulators for a bit of interest now that we are coming into the league.
'Babs keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'

Wing Back
County player

Post by Wing Back »

I know there’s not much to go off but just said I’d throw a few bets up I fancy for this weekend. No real fact behind it only my own opinion. None are favourites but would not be surprised if there were a few upsets.

Tipperary Vs Dublin

This will be tight and I think Dublin are a very good price for this one. They seem to be flying it at the moment despite losing a few players like Sutcliffe Etc. They brushed aside Wexford pretty easily to get there hands on some silverware and got the better of Galway in the semi in a high scoring game. Tipp on the other hand have had to make due with challenge matches. I know it’s only Walsh cup but any competitive games, even the Walsh Cup, are better than challenge matches. I think 5/2 with Boylesports is pretty good.

Waterford Vs Kilkenny

I just really fancy Waterford here. Kilkenny are not long back from holidays and it’s had to see them beating a well drilled Waterford so soon. I would imagine Brian Cody will want to avoid being in the relegation play off this year again and get some wins on the board in the group stages but I think this game might just come to early for them. Waterford are only 11/8 with Paddy Power and Ladbrokes which seems to reflect my sentiments.

Laois Vs Kerry

This will be a lot tighter than what the bookies have priced it I feel. Kerry will have targeted the games against both ourselves and Laois as the ones where they could cause an upset. Despite getting a trimming from Clare, they put up some good performances against Limerick and particularly against Cork. I know both those teams will only have been running at 70% but there will have been plenty of lads looking to stake claims for starting berths in League and Championship. The only quality opposition Laois faced in the Walsh Cup was Dublin who put them to the sword with ease. Laois have lost a lot of players since they got the better of Offaly last year, unconfirmed report have 8 from last years panel…..with some very notable names including Zane Keenan among them. I think 9/2 with Paddy Power on Kerry is worth a punt aswell.
'Babs keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'

Wing Back
County player

Post by Wing Back »

Had a look at the markets for the weekend again. The bookies seem to have a better handle on it this week I think.....Might throw a few quid on the following though.

Tipp at 11/8 with Paddy Power seems to be worth a punt. I severely underestimated Tipperary last week and overestimated the value of the Walsh cup as both Dublin and Wexford went down very poorly. Waterford should have beaten Kilkenny by more, and it's hard to see them improving enough to beat Tipperary who were firing on all cylinders in Semple. I know meeting Kilkenny in Nowlan park can often be a stumbling block for Tipp but there is value in that price I think.

Waterford were full value for their win over Kilkenny in Walsh park and on form should have enough to get the better of the rebels. Cork seem to be out of sorts and were put to the sword by Galway last week. I fancy Cork to be better than they were against the tribe, but I also fancy Waterford to improve also and I think they should still have to much for Cork. 8/11 on Waterford reflects that I'd say.

I also think that Galway will have enough work done to turn the tables on Dublin after being beaten convincingly in the Walsh Cup. Dublin were made to look very poor against Tipp and even though Dublin usually thrive this time of year, they might not be as far along as they would like. I honestly think it's between Cork and Dublin to be relegated. Galway to beat the Dubs 8/11

Anyone else any fancies?