Offaly Express Text Alerts

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bogman
All Star

Offaly Express Text Alerts

Post by Bogman »

Apologies if this has been highlighted before and maybe everybody is on to it already but this free Alert service is a Lifesaver for Offaly GAA followers.

The Offaly Express sent the news on Saturday night that the Down match was postponed from Sunday because of waterlogging. Tonight the score of the Offaly-Down game in Darver came through at 9.51 (match started at 8.15 so that's pretty good) with the added information that we are playing Wexford on Sunday on Tullamore (although I know readers of this forum already knew that). I wouldn't say too many Offaly followers made it up to Darver so it's good to be told the score and that Francis Kerrigan top-scored with 2-2.

If Offaly are playing on Sundays they often give the half-time score as well. Also in the summer it's great to get the club game results at the end of play instead of having to wait for an Aertel update or the RTE Club results late on Sunday night. Especially if you're away out of the country for some reason.

I don't work for the Express or anything - this is just a great service.

In the words of the Express:

For FREE alerts text OESPORT to 50100

Hyper
All Star

Re: Offaly Express Text Alerts

Post by Hyper »

For some strange reason I never received any of the above info and I have been prior to this. Any ideas on why this might have changed?

Aweflee
Senior

Post by Aweflee »

I "signed up" for this last year and am still getting texts - an excellent free service.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

Great stuff. Cheers for this Bogman.

Do they do county championship games as well?

Bogman
All Star

Post by Bogman »

Thanks for the replies.

To Hyper: I don't know why the service would stop. I would try registering again by texting OESPORT to 50100

To AZOffaly : Yes, they give the results of all the county championship games over the weekend. It's quick as well. I remember walking out of a match in Rath which finished later than the others and getting the text before we got up the road to the car.

To Aweflee: I agree that it's an excellent free service. I can't see any catch!! It's just pure good!

Bogman
All Star

Post by Bogman »

Just to give an example on the service -messages yesterday. .

Halftime message: Walsh Cup half-time: Offaly O-8 Wexford 0-5. Wexford's Michael Doyle straight red card 21 minutes.

Full-time message; Walsh Cup FT: Offaly 1-12, Wexford 0-11. Daniel Currams top scorer (1-2). Face Antrim in final in Casement Park next Sunday.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Thanks for that Bogman.
I've signed up and look forward to getting the alerts.
Hopefully the service will be kept running to a good standard.
There would be cost and effort involved and I've seen many similar services eventually come a cropper.

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

Yep, I got those two alerts yesterday. I think that's brilliant. Fair play to the Express.
Shane Gavin. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.