Offaly Minor Management A Complete Joke

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Treasurer
All Star

Re: Offaly Minor Management A Complete Joke

Post by Treasurer »

Just for the record, I was talking to someone from Castletown who expressed doubts about JP having the time to put in with Castletown because he is training the minors, so that would suggest that it's not true to say weren't aware of it.

DD
All Star
Location: He's on the 45.. he's on the 21..he's on the 14..a shot..

Post by DD »

I can't/don't believe that Castletown are not aware that Pilkington is in charge of the county minors.. a 12 yr old wouldn't come out with that.

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

gggggggggggg
Last edited by Offalys Future on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

Offalys Future - I think you're in danger of becoming the "Tony Fearon" of the uibhfhaili.com Discussion Forum.

p.s. if anyone asks "Who's Tony Fearon?", I'd consider that a good thing on your own part :wink:
Peter Parker: I missed the part where that's MY problem.

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

ggggggggggggggg
Last edited by Offalys Future on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aweflee
Senior

Post by Aweflee »

Offaly's Future,

I know its been posted here before but your replies almost always include negative/sniping comments towards other posters. I genuinely can't understand why you do this. I believe the majority on this board are as interested in "Offaly's Future" as you are.
In relation to Pilkington, like DD I find it impossible to believe that Castletown, a serious hurling club in a neighbouring county would not know what a potential candidate for the biggest job in their club was currently doing in terms in coaching/management. Do you honestly believe that the members given the task of recruiting someone would not be aware or be able to find out very quickly that he is managing an underage county team next door?! I've no doubt you were told this but that doesn't make it true. It seems to me that JP's situation would be widely enough known in the locality.
If you choose to respond I'd prefer that you didn't resort to telling me that I don't give a sh1t about Offaly hurling/I can't handle the truth or something similar, as I can assure you our current inter county standing bothers me as much as you.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

In defence of Offaly's future - two questions:

1. it is possible to properly prepare a county underage team while managing a club team? Yes or No.

I say no, but if Yes, then the second question,

2. are you better having a manager dedicated only to managing a county underage team with no other distractions/commitments, or does it matter?

I say you are better appointing a manager who will be dedicated only to that task.

This isn't going into the ins and outs of who said what or what anyone said to anyone, but what are the answers to the above?

Aweflee
Senior

Post by Aweflee »

turk wrote:In defence of Offaly's future - two questions:

1. it is possible to properly prepare a county underage team while managing a club team? Yes or No.

I say no, but if Yes, then the second question,

2. are you better having a manager dedicated only to managing a county underage team with no other distractions/commitments, or does it matter?

I say you are better appointing a manager who will be dedicated only to that task.

This isn't going into the ins and outs of who said what or what anyone said to anyone, but what are the answers to the above?
Turk,

Not sure if you're just asking my opinion but my answer to question 1 is No. I really don't think it'd be possible to do both jobs successfully, unless maybe the manager was a multi-millionaire with no day job!!! :D Even then it'd be very difficult. Don't get me wrong, it's not Offaly's Future's opinion on this matter that I don't agree with, it's more his style of retort and the "I'm always right and if you disagree or have another view you're automatically wrong" replies that grate. I don't think there's any need to defend him based on my previous post.

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Oh dear... Lone Shark we need you again.....
"Sorry for being right so often"

Aweflee
Senior

Post by Aweflee »

Barracuda wrote:Oh dear... Lone Shark we need you again.....
:lol:

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Fair play Aweflee, I see ya can see the funny side as good as the next lad.

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

gggggggggggg
Last edited by Offalys Future on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Firstly it is hardly ideal for someone to be double jobbing, and I hope we don't suffer because of it.
But be very careful about posting up allegations about payments to managers.
You have no way of backing this up. Unless Castletown or Johnny Pilkington officially own up to it, you don't have evidence, only hearsay.
"Everyone knows", "sure it's obvious" is not worth a damn to you. The floor would be wiped with you if it got legal.
There's a good reason why no journalist has ever tried to out a manager for allegedly taking payments. They'd be quickly left high and dry by their sources and fleeced in a libel case.

Also you are doing a great job narrowing down who the Castletown person is. I doubt they would appreciate what they confided in you being posted up on a public forum. The etiquette on these forums is to leave personal business out of these discussions. We could all start posting up our personal dealings with GAA people on this site, but most of us choose not to. I suggest you edit your post.

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

gggggggggggg
Last edited by Offalys Future on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Offaly's Future wrote:When i challenged a few members of the forum regarding payments to intercounty managers a few months back i was ridiculed by the main contributor to this forum with regards to payments to managers. So if its good for Lone Shark it's good for me no?
I understand that I may have hinted with regard to managers payments on this forum before, but if you check back, you'll notice that I haven't ever singled out any individual. I could do with several, but I choose not to, and in my opinion that is the best way to go. I can only assume you're referring to the Donal O'Grady discussion, where I was very clear that he probably wouldn't have been paid anything over expenses in Cork, but that in mileage alone he would cost us a fortune coming up from Cork, with the possibility that the level of extra support he'd require would end up being a six figure package at the very least. If people chose to read between the lines that's up to them - I didn't look to close off that option.

To be honest, that aspect of it is irrelevant to this particular discussion anyhow. The issue is JP's time and whether he'll have enough of it to commit appropriately to the Offaly minor hurlers. (That's not to dismiss Castletown's concerns, but we are mostly Offaly supporters on here after all)
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.