Ger Oakley - Killea in Tipp

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Ger Oakley - Killea in Tipp

Post by Bord na Mona man »

This is lifted straight from Premierview and I can't verify how true it is, but it is a great one!
Future Offaly manager maybe? :D
Fair play to Killea, on winning Mid Final last Sunday, that’s all on anther thread but I thought this deserved a thread of it’s own.

Killea have had a lot of guest trainers this year, Dinny Cahill, Liam Sheedy, Tommy Dunne and Ger Oakley. Oakley in particular has done a lot of work with them.

Unfortunately, Ger couldn’t make their match last Sunday but that didn’t stop him giving the half time team talk. Yes, at half time, the Killea management rang Ger and with all the players gathered around the table in the dressing room, the mobile phone was placed on the centre of the table and Ger proceeded to give the half time talk via ‘Speaker Phone’.

I’m telling ya, you couldn’t make this up!!!

Shin-Shin
Junior A

Post by Shin-Shin »

only in ireland would ya get that.....>! :lol: :lol:

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

that is class

Clara Man
Junior C

Post by Clara Man »

here is a true story. 2 offaly lads, me included, were in the area 2 weeks ago and we headed for killea (one pub and a church halfway up the devils bit) the monday after the match. when the crowd in the pub saw us they knew we were not regulars but within five mins we were being bought drinks from all angles due to ger oakleys involvement. happy days. good people too.