Tipsters - Round 10 Results, and McCormack/Regan Cup QF Draw

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Tipsters - Round 10 Results, and McCormack/Regan Cup QF Draw

Post by Lone Shark »

And so the smoke clears after a big week in the Tipsters competition. My personal thanks go out to St. Rynagh’s footballers, whose win sneaked me into the knockout stages of the McCormack Cup, though the Regan Cup is where it really made a huge difference. Of the eight quarter finalists in that competition, only 3 (NaasmanrxRhode, Treasurer and Fullback) would have made it if that result had gone the way of the Bridge men.

I’m pleased to say that tie breakers were not necessary – if you scored 8 points or more, you reached the knockout stages of whichever competition you were eligible for. If you scored seven or less, you didn’t. So the following is the Quarter final layout for both competitions, seeded as per their scores in this round. A doffed cap to the top two McCormack seeds, Bogman and Skippy, who only needed a Rhode win to go down the card. Unsurprisingly no-one picked the draw in that match.

McCormack Cup Quarter Final Pairings

(1)Bogman vs (8.) Mikey
(4) Lone Shark vs (5) Mighty Pair O’Hands
(3) Rynagh’s Biffo vs (6) Bart
(2) Skippy vs (7) The Untouchable

Regan Cup Quarter Final Pairings

(1) NaasmanrxRhode vs (8.) Fullback
(4) Ballymanabroad vs (5) Juteman
(3) True Red vs (6) The Rover
(2) Man From Ferbane vs (7) Treasurer

As soon as we have another decent card of fixtures I’ll run off the quarter finals – probably incorporating the football and hurling quarters into the one round.

As for the league, Mighty Pair O’Hands continues his good run at the top, a solid eight points enough to keep him in pole position, though Bogman is now the man in form with two big weeks in succession. Still fourteen players within ten points though, so plenty of dark horses in the pack. Anyone beyond that probably needs to pick a draw or two to have a chance of climbing up that far.

58 Mighty Pair o' Hands

56 Lone Shark

55 Del, As Such Ger, Fit for Junior

54 Bart, Bogman

52 TheManfromFerbane

50 Gaaa Head

50 The Biff, Plain of the Herbs

49 Treasurer, True Red, Rynagh's Biffo

48 Seamróga

47 Harperj

45 The Rat, Fullback

44 Skippy