Has anyone been to Austin Stack park before?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Has anyone been to Austin Stack park before?

Post by Lone Shark »

It's time for the Shark crew to talk tactics. We need to make sure everyone can find us when we get down there - I'm trusting not everyone will be shy and stay away from us like the last time... :wink:

So what's the layout of the ground - is one side of the ground terraced, or would we have to go into one end? Or are there seats, but long benches where we could group together?

By asking this I'm giving away the fact that I haven't put up the road miles in the past that some of the hardcore among you may have done, but there's always time!

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

A few years since I was there.
There's a stand on the railway station side, a terrace on the opposite side, a grassy bank behind one of the goals and a terrace behind the other.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Location, location, location.

Post by Lone Shark »

Opposite terrace then?

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Location, location, location.

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Lone Shark wrote:Opposite terrace then?
Seems like the obvious place. A few of the lads who are bringing their burds on Valentine's trips might have to sit in the stand with the Kerry crowd. :P

HairyHole
Intermediate

stand

Post by HairyHole »

It was hard enough getting the missus down for the weekend when she found out Offaly were playing there .Thats what you get for marrying a Wexford woman with not even the remotest interest in anything GAA.....