The Day of Reckoning

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

The Day of Reckoning

Post by Lone Shark »

Lurkers, posters, accidental stumblers, and above all, Biffs, lend me your ears!

The day is upon us. This sunday, 15 men of the true faith will take on 15 infidels from the wastelands to the north, and fight to restore all that is good and proper in the world, to restore the earth onto it's axis, as it were.

We are privileged to come from the greatest county in Ireland, but not all of us were blessed with the skills and talents of those who will wear the jerseys on Sunday. But for those of a more heavy stomach, those of a leaden foot, those for whom the two white posts were always as elusive as the proverbial greased pig, there is still the role to play.

We say to you, come one, come all. The Shark will be there on Sunday, on the grass hill of course, and it is up to all to exhort everyone you know to come out, stand with us and damage their lungs irreperably. We have the fire, we have the motive, we only need the tools to execute. This Sunday is a chance to show the world the abomination and fluke that was the result last May. (I'm aware it was a draw, but the day I accord a Westmeath team even parity of esteem is the day I happily sign away my sanity and accept that a nice room with padded walls is the only place for me)

Remember your enemy. Think all those nights listening to the nonsense in Bozo's/Silvers/wherever. Think Rory O'Connell phlegming and kicking, and then going to court to clear himself. Think of listening to their delusions of adequacy. Think what might have been if you were only born a few miles to the north.

To everyone you meet, repeat this mantra: Your county needs you - we need you - follow the shark, and let the world know that the spirit of Biff will never die.

See you Sunday folks.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Wastemeath are at a natural disadvantage when it comes to football!
The lack of opposing thumbs never helps. :twisted:

The Biff
All Star

Art or Science

Post by The Biff »

Thats brilliant BnMm. Are you brave enough to post that on the GAAboard ?

Percy Sledgehammer
Senior

That's a great picture all right.

Post by Percy Sledgehammer »

You'd see both of those types in the Cat and Bagpipes of a Friday night.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

The match

Post by Lone Shark »

I'm getting fair nervous by now. I hope everyone is recruiting like good things to make sure we have a gang worthy of the occasion!!

We cannot lose this. I'll lose all faith in all that's good in the world if Sunday doesn't work out as it's supposed to.....

Subiaco
Junior C

Post by Subiaco »

Looking forward to the game myself. I'll drag the brother along and we'll head for the shark on hill.

Great idea for getting all the fans together in one spot. Should make more noise that way.