Club Hurling Managers 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Offalyblueboy
Junior A
Club: Tullamore

Re: Club Hurling Managers 2023

Post by Offalyblueboy »

Just been talking to a guy in the hospital who’s in the know . Mckeown gone because his coach took the managers job with clonkill hurling club and players wanted them. Both to stay

Onionbag
All Star
Club: Durrow

Post by Onionbag »

Any word on Belmont

Batman
Junior C

Post by Batman »

Onionbag wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:51 pm Any word on Belmont
Delaney now staying it seems. Any word on Coolderry?

Onionbag
All Star

Post by Onionbag »

Any updates here lads..

Most teams would be hoping to have the management in place for 2023

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

Brian Carroll is going to be new coolderry manager apparently.
Don't know if it is just a rumour.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Brian Carroll unlikely to be manager. Coolderry eyeing up a fairly high profile guy as manager.

Onionbag
All Star

Post by Onionbag »

What good is high profile... Needs to be a proven manager that can win senior championships.

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

What good is a high profile manager. Coolderry like a couple of other senior clubs are on the slide somewhat with the age profile of key players. Rynaghs are probably in a similar situation but not to the same extent. This years was the last ‘handy’ championship to be won before the KK juggernaut comes down the track to dominate.

Onionbag
All Star

Post by Onionbag »

Doesn't always happen. Underage success doesn't carry forward in every situation.
People have been saying the same about the Tullamore footballers... A bunch of auld lads from Rhode stopped that juggernaut :D

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

Would be inclined to agree. Think the fact that so many of the coming kk group have tasted relative success at intercounty will have given them a taste for it and instilled a desire to push on. Just my own two cents.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Onionbag wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:50 am Doesn't always happen. Underage success doesn't carry forward in every situation.
People have been saying the same about the Tullamore footballers... A bunch of auld lads from Rhode stopped that juggernaut :D
Tullamore are either contesting or winning counties at all age groups up to senior most . Only for Rhode I'd say they have won quite a few in the last couple of years at senior. Who do you think will most likely be the new "Rhode "?

Onionbag
All Star

Post by Onionbag »

Ferbane

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

For me it's Tullamore and kk to dominate in the next 5 to 10 years.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

I am not sure we will see a football team dominating the next 5 years. Would it shock anyone if either Tullamore or Rhode picked up 2 titles with the other team, along with edenderry and ferbane picking up at least 1 each? I would say that 3 clubs splitting the next 5 titles is more likely than Tullamore or Rhode winning them all between them in a 4-1 domination.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

llkj wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:13 pm I am not sure we will see a football team dominating the next 5 years. Would it shock anyone if either Tullamore or Rhode picked up 2 titles with the other team, along with edenderry and ferbane picking up at least 1 each? I would say that 3 clubs splitting the next 5 titles is more likely than Tullamore or Rhode winning them all between them in a 4-1 domination.
Define dominate- 5 in a row or 3 titles in 5 years???

I think Tullamore will be the most prominent over the next 5 years anyways and KK also given that they have such an array of young talent coming through albeit it might take them 3-4 years to step up.
Doon exile....