Minors hurlers 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
FerbaneInsider
Junior A
Club: Ferbane

Re: Minors hurlers 2022

Post by FerbaneInsider »

frankthetank wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:16 pm Looks like the New Stand and Old Stand are sold out as they are greyed out now on ticketmaster and tickets are only available for the stand behind the goals.

My question is this....if those 2 stands are sold out and adults rock up with their kids these stands are going to be off limits to adults that actually have tickets for the stands as kids without tickets and the adults with them that have their tickets will have all the seats gone.

The only way this can be avoided at this stage is if they only released say 75% of the stands capacity for ticket purchases and have left the other 25% free in the expectation these seats will be occupied by U16's. If this hasn't happened this is going to be an absolute sh1tshow and we'll have a repeat of Portlaoise. A delay of game is a strong possibility.
I agree with this, what if the other stands sell out before Sunday and a couple of thousand U16’s show up without tickets?

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

allstar2010 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:28 pm

Declan Ryan was some tramp
ah sure he captained tipp to an ai win over offaly :D :D :D :D :D :D

of course the clare lads regard duignan as a proper tramp

not to mention rigney for that pull across skippy clearys head

maybe youd gauge them all for us as ya seem to be the trampism expert :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

FerbaneInsider wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:43 pm
frankthetank wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:16 pm Looks like the New Stand and Old Stand are sold out as they are greyed out now on ticketmaster and tickets are only available for the stand behind the goals.

My question is this....if those 2 stands are sold out and adults rock up with their kids these stands are going to be off limits to adults that actually have tickets for the stands as kids without tickets and the adults with them that have their tickets will have all the seats gone.

The only way this can be avoided at this stage is if they only released say 75% of the stands capacity for ticket purchases and have left the other 25% free in the expectation these seats will be occupied by U16's. If this hasn't happened this is going to be an absolute sh1tshow and we'll have a repeat of Portlaoise. A delay of game is a strong possibility.
I agree with this, what if the other stands sell out before Sunday and a couple of thousand U16’s show up without tickets?
Only terrace tickets available now. This will stop any more families from deciding to make the trip.

It feels like it is going to be a balls up either way. If the stadium is overly congested it's because they had no means of tracking how many U16s were going to attend.
If the stands have big empty spaces, then closing ticket sales nearly a week out is another sign of bad planning.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

I was informed today that 22,000 adult tickets have been sold. (This tallies with the fact that only City Terrace tickets are now available)

And GAA/Nowlan Park officials have entered into scramble mode and are contacting Offaly and Tipperary County Boards in an attempt to gauge how many U16’s will be going.

This potential issue was well flagged. How they ballsed this up is beyond me.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

They must have got organisational tips from the DAA!

first_touch
All Star

Post by first_touch »

Does anyone know if buses are being arranged specifically to bring children to the match? If so, there should be pre-booked places sectioned off in the stands for them together with designated adults who are charged with looking after them. Failure to do so would lead to utter chaos and a potentially traumatic experience for at least some of the children concerned.

Claffey
Junior A

Post by Claffey »

first_touch wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:54 pm Does anyone know if buses are being arranged specifically to bring children to the match? If so, there should be pre-booked places sectioned off in the stands for them together with designated adults who are charged with looking after them. Failure to do so would lead to utter chaos and a potentially traumatic experience for at least some of the children concerned.
I believe buses with children are being advised to go to Adran O'Cearbhail stand. I think Nowlan Park would have been given the number of buses with children organised by clubs. Some sort of ticket sale/underage attendee ratio must also have been estimated and the number of tickets sold accordingly. Very hard to judge, but with the amount of children in Portlaoise and Thurles you would have to think there could be around 10k children, so leaving 17k tickets for adults. Unless the capacity increases because children are smaller :)

FerbaneInsider
Junior A

Post by FerbaneInsider »

Claffey wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:13 pm
first_touch wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:54 pm Does anyone know if buses are being arranged specifically to bring children to the match? If so, there should be pre-booked places sectioned off in the stands for them together with designated adults who are charged with looking after them. Failure to do so would lead to utter chaos and a potentially traumatic experience for at least some of the children concerned.
I believe buses with children are being advised to go to Adran O'Cearbhail stand. I think Nowlan Park would have been given the number of buses with children organised by clubs. Some sort of ticket sale/underage attendee ratio must also have been estimated and the number of tickets sold accordingly. Very hard to judge, but with the amount of children in Portlaoise and Thurles you would have to think there could be around 10k children, so leaving 17k tickets for adults. Unless the capacity increases because children are smaller :)
You’d have to think a lot of adults are now buying tickets for their children to make sure they get in but the terrace is all that’s left available so there’ll be a panic on and that’ll likely sell out very soon therefore begging the question where are all the u16’s who were told they didn’t need a ticket because they were free in going to go? Either a lot of people who actually bought tickets won’t be allowed in or a lot of u16’s who were told they didn’t need a ticket won’t be allowed in... This could be like the Champions League final a couple of weeks ago.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

I'm travelling to the game on my own plus two kids.

I was talking to another person travelling on their own plus 3 kids.

That is 7 prople going in on two tickets.

There will be thousands doing likewise.

This is an absolute monumental fcuk up on the part of the GAA.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

FerbaneInsider
Junior A

Post by FerbaneInsider »

joe bloggs wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:53 pm I'm travelling to the game on my own plus two kids.

I was talking to another person travelling on their own plus 3 kids.

That is 7 prople going in on two tickets.

There will be thousands doing likewise.

This is an absolute monumental fcuk up on the part of the GAA.
Absolutely, it’s going to be complete carnage inside the ground scrambling for seats and that’s not even mentioning the disaster it’ll be just getting to the ground with everyone having the same idea, go early to beat the traffic... throw in the crowd travelling to the Irish Open and it’s a cocktail mix of problems.

A fool could’ve seen this coming, the obvious solution was to allow u16’s select a free ticket online so they’d have an idea of numbers. Of course, the greedy hands of the GAA would fear a few lads over 16 going in for free or a few people selecting free tickets and not showing up, god forbid...

The obvious solution at this point is to move the game to the Gaelic Grounds or even put it on before one of the games in Croker at the weekend...

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

They should have created a family pass or club pass charged 5e or 10e for kids so they could properly ascertain the numbers.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Message sent out to all clubs. 25 % of tickets held back in each stand to cater for free u16s.

FerbaneInsider
Junior A

Post by FerbaneInsider »

private joker wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:20 pm Message sent out to all clubs. 25 % of tickets held back in each stand to cater for free u16s.
25% is hardly enough, that would be an average of one u16 for every 4 adults, it’ll be closer to one u16 for every 2 adults.

Also, does that mean this game could sell out in the next 24/48 hours but actually not be sold out because of the held back tickets thus encouraging anyone who didn’t buy a ticket to go and pose as an u16?

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

2500 tickets for juvenile groups in the ardan o cearbhaill stand alone plus the 25 % in each stand. Clubs sending buses had to register with county board so that they know whose coming. They know its a big game and will be ready. Turnstiles and stewards won't be an issue this time like in laois.

Pose all you want, you won't get in.

FerbaneInsider
Junior A

Post by FerbaneInsider »

private joker wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:27 pm 2500 tickets for juvenile groups in the ardan o cearbhaill stand alone plus the 25 % in each stand. Clubs sending buses had to register with county board so that they know whose coming. They know its a big game and will be ready. Turnstiles and stewards won't be an issue this time like in laois.

Pose all you want, you won't get in.
So, 25% of 17,000 seats is 4,250+2,500=6,750. Have they given any thought to what might happen if 7-8,000 u16’s turn up?