Minors hurlers 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Minors hurlers 2022

Post by Bord na Mona man »

A bit of a longer trek, but hopefully we get the busses and vans full of supporters travelling.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:26 pm The bad ground set up and poor organisation at the Leinster final seems to have cost MW Hire O'Moore Park here.
No Harm.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Great fixture in my opinion. Nowlan Park is a great ground. Perfect size for this and in a great location in the city. Easily walkable from the local entertainment hotspots!

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

might sound silly but why not play it in Thurles, a fine ground, not too far for Offaly, we have had our semi final there and know the ground now as such...Kilkenny venue is nearer to Tipperary than Offaly, so we are at a disadvantage that way anyway, so why add a few more miles on it to so call give us a neutral venue??..If and when Dublin reach football finals the games are always Croke Park, so if its ok for Dublin to be allowed play in their so called home venue, Tipp could claim the same rights. I would go to Thurles alot quicker than Nowlan park personally..Ide say Offaly players and fans wouldnt mind Thurles, be it Tipp at home I know as such...If Dublin were in the minor hurling final bet your bottom dollar it would be in Croke Park..no doubt our Leinster Council person wont rock the boat though by even asking for Croke Park where I think it should be played full stop..

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Fairplayalways wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:55 pm might sound silly but why not play it in Thurles, a fine ground, not too far for Offaly, we have had our semi final there and know the ground now as such...Kilkenny venue is nearer to Tipperary than Offaly, so we are at a disadvantage that way anyway, so why add a few more miles on it to so call give us a neutral venue??..If and when Dublin reach football finals the games are always Croke Park, so if its ok for Dublin to be allowed play in their so called home venue, Tipp could claim the same rights. I would go to Thurles alot quicker than Nowlan park personally..Ide say Offaly players and fans wouldnt mind Thurles, be it Tipp at home I know as such...If Dublin were in the minor hurling final bet your bottom dollar it would be in Croke Park..no doubt our Leinster Council person wont rock the boat though by even asking for Croke Park where I think it should be played full stop..
Strongly disagree.

Not least because Semple Stadium has become a dilapidated sh1thole. Was there twice over the weekend and it’s actually gone to sh1t.

No seat numbers, no row markings, ridiculous queues for toilets.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

There should have been a coin toss for venue.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Nah, then it would have been in

A) Home venue for Tipperary (Semple Stadium)

or

B) Neutral venue (O’Connor Park)

:wink: :wink: :wink:

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

If we win....... Will the homecoming be to Birr or Tullamore? :? :D

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Tradition dictates both!!

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Nowlan Park is closer to Birr than Tullamore is and easier to get to!
Allegedly.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Bord na Mona man wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:09 pm Nowlan Park is closer to Birr than Tullamore is and easier to get to!
Allegedly.
I'm not convinced Nowlan Park is the most suitable venue......will there be enough parking for all these bandwagons? :lol:

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

bracknaghboy wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:25 pm
Bord na Mona man wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:09 pm Nowlan Park is closer to Birr than Tullamore is and easier to get to!
Allegedly.
I'm not convinced Nowlan Park is the most suitable venue......will there be enough parking for all these bandwagons? :lol:
What time on Friday evening do the Bracknagh crowd want to come down to South Offaly for the workshop on the rules of hurling? Just a refresher course pre final.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

I think we support both codes much better than a lot of dual counties.

There’s hurling people in galway that would hope the footballers would lose and vice versa. I think that’s shocking to be that way but I’ve worked in galway for 20 odd years and have saw the both sides.

I was beside 3 fellas in thurles that would be from a football club. I asked them were they going to croke park on Sunday and they said no as they prefer the hurling and haven’t much interest in the football 🥴🥴🥴
Doon exile....

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

frankthetank wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:49 pm What time on Friday evening do the Bracknagh crowd want to come down to South Offaly for the workshop on the rules of hurling? Just a refresher course pre final.
Ah your grand Frank shur we can go the short trip to Killeigh for that these days no need to go further afield.
Appreciate the offer all the same :wink:

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Nowlan park a grear venue for this one, easy for us south offaly people to get too.